39. The Theft

[•Ferit's POV•]

I was sitting in the living room with my laptop. Çihan was at his meeting and I planned to work from home today. "I am back!" shouted Idris, and came running into the living room. I smiled at him, "Be careful or you'll fall" "Abi you have told me that like a million times. By the way, where is Nuri?" he asked. "She won't be coming today. Yeşim abla is sick" I said.

"Oh... I thought we could play together" he said, "Hey, then what am I here for?" I asked, "Aren't you going to the company?" He asked, "I thought of spending the whole day with you" I said and smiled. "Really?! Then can we go fishing today? It's been so long since I've been on your yacht!" he whined. "Sure" I said and stroked his hair.

"But it would have been better if Nuri was there" he said. "Hmm... Why?" I asked and he gave me a dreamy smile "It's just that Nuri knows to have a lot more fun than you" he said. I frowned at him, "Oh really?" and he nodded, "Our teacher has told us that honesty is the best policy" he said. I pulled him towards me and he fell on the couch.

"Abi! hehe! stop, please! abiii!" he cried when I tickled him, "I won't stop till you accept that I am better at having fun" I said and kept tickling him till he cried. We both were laughing and at that time, my mother appeared from the lawn, she stood near the door and smiled at us. I stopped tickling him and turned to her.

"Look at the both of you" she said and smiled, "Grandma is there custard left? From yesterday?" Asked Idris suddenly, "Didn't you have breakfast?" I asked him, "I did... but I am still hungry" he said. "I don't think your abi ate it" my mother sighed, "I didn't, don't worry" I replied and when I said that, Idris ran to the kitchen.

"You didn't eat it?" she asked, "You think I will?" "A spoon maybe..." she joked, "Mom don't talk nonsense" I said and got up from the couch. "Idris, we need to go to the hospital, then we can go fishing" I said. "Okay! I will be ready after I eat this scoop" he replied from the kitchen. "Then I am leaving. See you later son" she said and she kissed Idris before leaving. She called me 'son' again... Why is this woman trying to get close to me even after all that she has done?

×××

"I will show my camera to grandpa!" said Idris triumphantly. "How many pictures have you taken so far?" I asked, "Just a few... Mostly pictures of trees and nuts" he said, "I will take a very beautiful picture soon and it will be displayed in an exhibition like uncle's" he said and I smiled at him. "I am sure you will" I said and drove the car into the parking lot.

Idris went ahead and I followed. When we entered the room, I found my father staring out the window. "Ha! My boys have come!" he hugged us and kissed Idris. "Grandpa look! Amca bought a camera for me! It's my birthday gift" he said and held it up. "It's really pretty" "Yeah, I love it so much!" he replied.

Idris spent the next one and a half hour describing his camera and the pictures he took so far, "You took the pictures of chestnuts too?" "Yup, my friend's brother has a collection of such pictures, he said mine was pretty great. If I had a brother like him it would have been so cool" said Idris and smiled at my father, "Hmm... You want a brother now?" He laughed.

"It can even be a sister 'cause even girls like photography. Almost everybody in my class has a sibling... They are always playing together" he said. My father chuckled, "If you want a baby brother or a sister tell your abi" he said and turned towards me. "But abi is not married. How will I get a sibling then?" Asked Idris.

I coughed, "Then ask your abi to marry" said my father and I glared at him. Idris turned to me with a puzzled expression, "I think this much chit chat is more than enough for one day" I said, "Are we leaving now?" "Yup" I replied. "Then I need to go to the bathroom" said Idris and got up. "Why do you change the topic whenever I bring it up?" Asked my father frustrated.