32. A Fishy Breakfast

[•Nuri's POV•]

I came in  through the front door, "Welcome back" said Yeşim from the couch. She was busy watching TV and had a bowl of nuts with her. "How are you feeling now?" I asked her, "A lot better. I am not ill anymore" she said. I went and touched her forehead, "Hmm... You are right" "Eh? So how did the party go?" She asked, I sat down near her and began narrating. 

"The child was very happy, but it was more like a family gathering so there were people I didn't know" I said. "Then?" "After cutting the cake... Ah!" I suddenly remembered. I needed to pay Jaleel within the next 24 hours. "What's wrong?" Asked Yeşim. I obviously didn't want her to know so I tried avoiding that topic. "I meant the time! Look at the time! It's so late, I am going to bed, good night" I said and went to my room. She gave me the most annoyed and confused expression.

×××

My phone began ringing, it was an unknown number. "Good evening" said a voice, "Uh... Good evening, who is this?" I asked, "Don't you remember me from the birthday party? I am Demir" he said. "Oh, Demir bey... Uh... How did you get my number?" I asked, confused. I could hear him laugh, "Let's say I knew where to look" "But why did you call me?" I asked again. 

"I called to invite you for breakfast" he said. "Sorry?" "For Breakfast, at our house. Me and my wife have something to talk with you" he said. This was really odd, "What do you want to talk about?" "Something important, something we think will help you" he said, "Help me?" "Yes, so won't you come?" He asked again, "I have to go to Ferit bey's house" "You can come here early and then leave for Ferit's house" he said. 

"Uh... But I don't know your address" I said. He laughed again, "I will text you the location, so meet you tomorrow morning. Iyi geceler" he said and hung up. I was really confused now, why did someone like him want to talk to someone like me?  Moreover, what was he gonna help me with? It was all a blur to me, but I had bigger things to worry about.

I lay back on bed and began thinking. We couldn't take loans, we couldn't borrow or even the police couldn't help us. We needed to earn that much money by working. That much money in a day was an impossible task. I was too tired to worry over it, so I thought about other things.

I thought about today, about Edric. He was a great guy. He was so much fun to hang around with and also he was kind and sweet. I never expected to trust anyone so much in just one night, but Edric's character was like that. He was a great friend, well at least, so far. He was a gentleman at the same time.

I thought about Idris, I wondered whether he opened his present. It was the DVD of the movie he wanted to watch badly. The Indian movie which his mother asked him to watch - 'Taare Zameen Par' a classic for children. A beautiful story of a young boy who suffers from Dyslexia and meets the teacher who changes his life. I knew he would like it.

Then my thought shifted to Ferit bey. When I first met him, I remembered his eyes, as cold as ever, but they seemed a lot warmer today. He was a person who's moods and emotions could be judged by his eyes. He was the most special person I had ever met and Yeşim's words began replaying in my mind.

'Clear cut love!' but this was an impossible case. A handsome billionaire from Turkey, a mad chef from India and a happy ending. The combination was like rice, raisins and milk. It was obvious that we wouldn't work out but I wanted to know what he thought about me. Just a mad chef or something more perhaps?

×××

I got out of the cab and stood in front of the huge house. Even this house was like a palace but Ferit bey's was way better. "Good morning, are you Nuri?" asked the security guard and I nodded. He lead me to the garden and I found Demir bey and Leila hanim eating breakfast and there was another guy standing near them.