35. An Unexpected Visitor

[•Ferit's POV•]

I entered through the front door and went up the stairs. I first headed towards the kitchen hoping to find Nuri but I met my mother instead. She was carefully doing a pista topping for the custard.

"Anne? What are you doing here? Where's Nuri?" I asked furiously. "She went home early, I sent her. Come on, taste this. I have made it exactly the way you like it" she said. "Why did you send her?" "Last time, you fired her because of me, I didn't want her to be blamed again" she said.

The scent of the custard was very captivating as usual, but I was never going to eat it. "Where's Idris?" "He's napping... Come on sit down, you must be exhausted" she said. "I am not going to eat anything made by you" I said, "You used to eat them just fine when you were young" "Everything was just fine when I was young" I said and turned to go to Idris' room.

Why did she even come here now? I had nothing to talk to her and never will, so why does she keep messing with my life? Dad asked me to give her a second chance but I wasn't sure yet. She is a coward in my eyes and it will remain like that. I went up the stairs and slowly pushed open Idris's door.

He was sleeping soundly and I couldn't help smiling at his innocent face, forgetting everything about my mother. I wanted him to stay like this forever and I would never allow people like my mother to influence him, so I had to ask her to leave and I headed back down.

She was still in the kitchen and I boldly walked towards her, "Mom you have to leave" I said. She sighed and came near me, "Why are you punishing me like this?" "You are punishing me by staying here" I replied. She gave a small smile and held my arm, "You are still my little boy no matter how old you grow, don't forget that" she said. I shrugged, "You lost that boy years ago, don't forget that" and I took a step back.

She bent her brows, "You will realize it later... Anyways, Idris will stay with me in the evening and I will bring him back tomorrow" she said, "Why?" "Because I lost my son. I need my grandson at least" she said. "He is not your grandson" I replied, "He is... Until you give me your child" she said sincerely, I was about to give her a sharp reply but Idris came into the kitchen.

"Abi?" "Idris, are you up?" He nodded, "Dear you will be spending your night with me" she said and I glared at her, "The house near the sea?" He asked, "Yes, won't you come with me?" "Of course! I want to take pictures of seagulls" he replied, "Pictures?" "Yeah... Amca gave me a camera as a birthday present today morning" said Idris, "I will bring it" he said and ran back up to his room.

My mother turned to me, "Idris is fine with it" I didn't reply, "Now go on, try the custard" "I don't want it!" I replied fiercely, and she gave me that same pitiful glance as always. I ignored her and went to check the plates. Nuri had made lunch but I couldn't find dinner, "I sent her before she could make dinner" said my mother.

"Don't tell my employees what to do" I replied, "Sorry sir" she said with an eye roll and at that timeIdris came downstairs, "See? This is my camera. It can take both photos and videos" said Idris and handed me a small shiny camera, "It suits you" I replied and smiled. "Uh... Idris, come on, I will help you pack your things for tonight" she said.

"But isn't abi coming?" he asked and turned to me, I knelt in front of him, "No buddy" "So will I be all alone then?" he asked getting excited, "Will it be like a sleepover or, or like a camp?" I chuckled, "Hmm... Maybe, but don't do anything mischievous" I said, though I wanted to stop him. But he badly wanted to go there and I was only allowing this for him, not for my mother.

×××

I was working on my laptop when Özgür showed up from the lawn, "Hey!" He said, I looked up and smiled, "Hey... Weren't you going out today? With Yeşim?" I asked, "Yeah, it's still kinda early, what are you doing?" He asked and came and sat next to me. "Work, company, etc..." I said, "Hmm... Where's Idris?" He asked. "With mom, she came here in the afternoon and took him. He will stay with her tonight"