30. Sparks Fly

[•Nuri's POV•]

I was well prepared as I got out of the cab, sadly Yeşim couldn't come and Deren also had to go to work. It was deep into morning and the sun was pretty high, a lovely day for the kid's birthday party. As I walked in the door, I greeted Malik. "Merhaba" "Good morning Nuri hanim" I smiled and went up the stairs.

It was very easy to walk in these clothes but I wished for the skirt to be longer. But the only skirts in Yeşim's wardrobe weren't longer than 30cm. When I reached the top I found Idris running around with Çihan and some other guy. "Nuri!" He cried and hugged me. I hugged him back and kissed his head with a chuckle.

"I missed you so much, I thought you wouldn't come" "I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world!" I replied bending down

"I missed you so much, I thought you wouldn't come" "I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world!" I replied bending down. "What's in that box?" "Cookies, I baked them especially for you" I replied smiling, "Is that my birthday present?" "Of course not, I have a way better surprise for you at the end" I said touching his nose and he giggled in anticipation.

"Nuri, welcome" said Ferit bey getting up from the couch, "Thank you for inviting me, I hope it isn't a disturbance" I replied with a smile. "Not at all. My birthday will be twice as better because of you" said Idris and I laughed. I found Miss Aygün sitting on the couch with another girl, then there was Çihan and Bashir near the table too.

"Nuri, merhaba" said Çihan, "Selam" I replied and smiled. There was another guy standing near Çihan, then even Özgür appeared from inside, "Hey" he said, "Hi" I replied and just looked away, I was still not in good terms with him and I never hoped to be. "How is Yeşim now?" he asked concerned, "She is still the same, not really better than before" I replied, remembering his visit yesterday evening at the apartment. 

"What about that other girl... uh, Deren?" asked Ferit bey, "She had to go to work" I shrugged and he nodded. I went directly to shake Miss Aygün's hand for it would be disrespectful otherwise, I guessed Ferit bey didn't like it but he just kept silent. The girl near Aygün shook my hand too, "Merhaba, I am Aylin" she said, "Nice to meet you, I am Nuri" I replied.

"Nice to meet you too" she replied. "Nuri! do you want to see my cake?" asked Idris and I laughed, "I'd love to" I replied and he lead me into the kitchen. I saw a big chocolate cake on the kitchen table, "The cake is as big as I am right?" I nodded with a smile. "It's chocolate" I said, "Yup, I love chocolate so much. Abi said that they have filled the insides with icecream" he replied dreamily.

At that time, the other guy appeared near the kitchen door, "Do you know the weight of the cake?" he asked Idris, "I don't know uncle" he replied, "Almost your half" he said, "But how heavy am I?" he asked back. We both laughed. 

"Uncle, have you met Nuri?" asked Idris, "Not yet" said the guy and turned to me smiling. "I am Nuri" I said, "Edric" he replied and held out his hand. "Uncle, she is my private chef" said Idris and winked at me. "You have a private chef?" "Well... Nuri is actually abi's private chef" "Ferit abi?" he asked and I nodded. "She cooks so wonderfully, you should taste her food, you will be blown!" he said.