[11] Research Partners and the Best Coffee Place in Town.

I stared at my laptop screen, unable to comprehend what I had just heard.

"The series of conflicted disappearances...that's what I called it. Thought it'd be the death of me. And it was, for two years. A waste of time. Very captivating. Yes. But a waste of time. I didn't get anything out of it" he said sitting down next down next to me, a cup of cold mocha in nis hands. The smell intoxicating my nostrils. He knows. He's researched. Maybe he knows more.

"It's fascinating isn't it?" I added, trying to poke all the information out of him.

"...and a waste of time" he said. He seemed very stubborn. He wouldn't accept the fact that I was doing something valid and real and useful.

I was tactical. I used a tactic which I knew would work on any science freak.

"A true scientist is honourable to all his work. Don't say it was a waste of time. Say it was so complex for you to understand, that you stopped pursuing it" I said, smirking at my clever comment.

He smiled and shaked his head, "Say what you want. But you and I both know that you're  having second thoughts about this too".

He was right. I was having second thoughts about this. The only reason I'm not dwelling on them is because I know that if I do, I will become paranoid. Tearing myself apart from all the confusing thoughts. I'll never stop pursuing this until I get an answer. I owe it to my mom. To how much she struggled during her last moments with me to say what she said.

"I don't care Aaron. Yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe I'm having second thoughts. But I'm not going to stop. I never have and I never will" I snapped.

He let out a huge sigh and then said, "Okay then. Show me what you have".

I smiled. I had done it. I could now use the information he gives me. I took out all my articles, notes and events, exempting my mothers words, her disappearance, my dream and adiaperache and laid them out down on the bedroom floor including my list of the factors involved in the disappearances. I had every detail memorized from all the notes I had written.

" That's wrong... " he said tapping his finger at the point I had made about the disappearances happening only on winter solstice.

"...According to my research, the place is concealed which means some of the things you get from the net may or may not be true. Besides, there's evidence of articles that state similar disappearances but on different dates. But I never noticed this point of yours. They always happen next to water sources don't they?" he said, a little impressed.

Then he snapped his fingers and said, "Listen, Peter. A lot of your information is wrong. I'll lead you to my research and we can both follow your experiment designs okay? I think we might actually be able to do this" he said.

And at that instance, I believed him. I believed every word he said and further suggested that he design some experiments too. It felt right. I felt like he knew more so he would be able to guide me.

"Okay. On one condition. Tell me why you want to know this so badly" he asked.

"You know why Aaron. A scientist's thirst for more. That's all" I lied.

"Bullshit. Peter. Tell me the real reason" He demanded.

" Yes. Fine. Okay. It is bullshit. But I'm never going to tell you why Aaron because it's none of your business. Stay in your line. You don't see me asking why you were pursuing this so badly do you?" I asked clearly very annoyed.

"What if I tell you why" he said and I stood there frozen. Maybe he's been through something. Maybe he'll understand. Then my head shut the thoughts out.