[19] Soul Sapphire

The water splashed across my face and I looked into the mirror. I finger combed my blonde hair and then ruffled it with my fingers. I wiped the water dripping off of my face with the grey towel that was hanging on the rod next to the sink. I was wearing black sweatpants and a light blue hoodie. The room that I was sleeping in was dull and blank like my life. Yesterday I uncovered one more mystery about Alaska.

She was apparently a heavy sleeper and everyone else, including Julie and Aaron had already left. So, I had to basically carry her bridal style all the way to the third floor where the rooms were. I laid her down in one of the empty rooms next to mine covered her with the bedsheets and left, kissing her goodnight on her forehead after which I heard her mumble a thank you. I was going to open the door to walk out when I heard a knock. I opened the door to see Alaska wearing a black vest on top of a white shirt and black pants and a black cap on top of her head. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun.

"Hey. Morning. Thanks for...yesterday" she said expressionless and cold.

"No it's okay. You look good" I said smiling.

"Thanks I suppose" she said shrugging. "Why aren't you wearing yours?"

"Oh. Cuz Katrina told us that we would be provided everything and I still don't have it so . . .yeah. " I said.

"Oh okay. But see, a normal person would have just said I still didn't get it" she said.

"Yeah well, I'm not normal am I?" I said shrugging.

"No sir, you are definitely not" she said shaking her head from side to side.

"Oh shut up. Shouldn't we leave for our classes?" I asked.

"Yeah yeah. Unfortunately I have to do the boring job of showing you around. Let's go get your bag first" she said.

We walked down the stairs and it reminded me of yesterday. It was nice. She showed me the massive library on the second floor and then at the end of the left corridor of the ground floor was a baggage carousel filled with different people's luggage. My eyes immediately recognized a white backpack and I picked it up and slung it across my shoulder. I turned around to walk away just as I saw another suitcase with a label that had my name on it and another one with Julie's name on it.

"That one has all your dresses and quite possibly your uniform too" Alaska said.

"Wow how did they get that?" I asked curious.

"All your dresses get magically, automatically packed up in a trunk when you arrive here. What did you think that we would wear the same clothes everyday? " she said sardonically.

"I'm a little oblivious to some things" I said, scratching my head and sticking my tongue out a little. She just shook her head like whatever, took Julie's suitcase and then walked away and I followed, carrying my own suitcase in my left hand.

"Okay first of all change into your vests and then use the same rune you used yesterday to go to the fighting ground where you first met me remember?" she said before walking out of the black metal gates.

"Oh k. Of course. Except that you could have told me that before you made me walk all the way here only to walk back again" I said as I saw her smirk. I turned around in an instant, walking the other way.

"Bye Lazy Philosopher!" said Alaska and I smiled and waved a goodbye without turning back to look at her. Lazy Philosopher? Weird but one hundred percent accurate. I was lazy and also I could be a really annoying philosopher sometimes. I tried to come up with something for her but I couldn't. Also, I'm terrible at nicknames so I was just going to let it go. I went into my room to change into my own uniform which was the same thing as the girl's uniform only we had an extra tie. After wearing my black shoes, I drew the wheel and pictured the open ground and Alaska fighting. She was amazing that day. I wondered if I could ever fight like that.