The Unforeseen Fate

For the past few days, I haven't been in contact with Tristan, he didn't answer my calls nor text messages and he skips school. I was starting to get worried, what if something bad happened to him? Today is the 5th day he's been absent and still, no one knows why but I couldn't just go to his house, it might upset him so, in the end, I decided to wait for him.

Days without Tristan are boring; I have no one to talk to, no one to share my food and no one to go with after classes. I was sulking at our front porch when suddenly Caleb and Lilia sat beside me, not saying anything, they must have known what happened. Lilia suddenly hugs me from the side and for the first time since Tristan disappeared, my tears finally flowed. I was upset with Tristan for not telling me anything, I was upset with myself for caring so much and I was upset with my curse who until know still bothers my life. Caleb hugs me too before silently slipping away knowing that Lilia could only be the one to comfort me.

We just stayed there for hours and when the sun was finally setting, Caleb appeared again and this time I knew Lilia have to go. With one last pat from the back, Lilia let go of me and that's when the first time that I notice it, Lilia's glow in the wrist is glowing faintly. Bile rising from my throat, I decided to take action but I was engulfed by a past memory.

We were hanging out at a nearby park, grandma was sitting beside dad while grandpa was standing near an electric post when suddenly my 10-year-old self got a vision, a vision of something falling on grandpa's head. I quickly pulled grandpa out of the danger zone and soon enough debris had fallen where grandpa should be standing. I expected them to look proud of me but I saw the horror in their faces instead. As days pass by, consequences start to unfold, uncles and aunts, close friends, and acquaintances started to die and grandpa couldn't take the guilt anymore so he killed himself.

I was brought back into reality and the last thing that I saw was Lilia's smiling face vanishing into the setting sun. The look of pure horror must be evident within my face because Caleb walked towards me with a worried look upon his face but before he can reach me I run. Not knowing where I was going, I followed a straight path, scenes blurry upon my teary eyes.

When I couldn't take it anymore, I collapse, crying out all my pain, all my agony, all my heartaches, and when I lose my voice, I lay against where I stood not bothering of anything at all. I didn't know how long I stayed there; I just felt the grainy substance underneath me and when I have the strength to look around, I realize that I was at the beach, the very same place where Tristan and I always go to.

Moments have passed when a shadow from afar came to view and as it grew closer and closer, I realized that it was Tristan, his face looked as if he's been worried about me.

"Where have you been? Your family is worried about you" Tristan sat beside me

"And there has been an accident-" I close my eyes "Lilia, your brother's girlfriend died in the accident"

That was my last cue before I burst out crying again, Tristan wrapped his arms around me protectively but I keep on hitting him, pushing him away as if it will make the pain go away but he holds on strongly. We sat there for hours and when I lift up my head I saw Tristan crying too and for the first time I realize that I have been so unfair to him. I made him my life support but I didn't actually think that he also got problems he couldn't handle. I hold his hand tighter and we just stayed there until it was time to go home.