🦇XXX🦇

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

Jungkook POV

The mission that had taken two years of intensive preparation had come to an end. Jungkook thought he should feel relieved that Jimin was back in his arms. But he couldn't, not when his lover was trembling.

He knew Jimin, he had known Jimin for a long time. And because of this time they had together, he knew that only fear could paralyse him completely. "You're safe." Jungkook whispered soothingly. Taehyung and Hoseok were manoeuvring the helicopter so it was up to Jungkook to ensure Jimin would snap out of whatever hell he was in, especially because missions like this always took a toll on Jimin.
"Did it not go well?" Jungkook asked. "Did anyone catch you? Did anyone get hurt?"

There was only cold silence. Jimin was unresponsive. His grip on Jungkook's shoulder was weak, like he had truly lost the feeling in his legs. Jungkook's job was to reassure him, but even kind words were hard to say in this moment. He had never seen Jimin like this since that time...

"He..." Jimin stuttered. "He had her eyes." He added.

There was only one 'her' in Jimin's life. One he didn't know the name of. One he didn't know the story of. It was 'her' alone that was able to cause Jimin to submit to his knees. She hadn't been mentioned in almost a thousand years. Jungkook had almost forgotten her too. At least it was his job to.

"What happened wasn't your fault." Jungkook tried to reassure him. It was a weak attempt.

Jimin took a small box from his pocket. And handed it to Jungkook. "He's just a reminder that even after all these years... it had always been my fault." The head vampire clutched his chest, his face was pale and there was clear pain that Jungkook couldn't quite understand. Jimin wasn't someone that could feel pain easily. Was there a wound he couldn't see?

"Are you in pain? Where is the wound tell me?" Jungkook shouted.

"I see her every time I looked at him and remember the crime I did." Jimin sobbed. "Take... this pain away."

This was a vampire's hidden power. One that not many knew. They were capable of blood art. It was a technique that allowed them to control the memories and state of their prey. It was what Jimin had used to drug the members of the pack. One drop of blood was enough for them to be controlled, for their memories to distort. And with that same power, Jungkook was able to cloud Jimin's most painful memories until they were completely hidden.

That was Jungkook's duty as his butler and his oath as Jimin's lover. Jimin was supposed to gain the trust of the Alpha. But the servant wondered if Jimin had gained something else.

Jungkook had revealed his neck and guided Jimin's lips. The area was usually numb to Jimin's bite. But Jungkook had felt Jimin's desperation come as pain. The blood leaving his body was draining him, even though he was a vampire that could easily regenerate. "Until you forget her face once again. Take as much of me as you want."

After Jungkook's adrenaline had reduced, he could finally smell the scent that had coated Jimin. Pine and peppermint. It was a foreign scent. So with shaking hands, he reached for Jimin's shirt and pulled at the fabric by his collar.

There was a mark no one was allowed to place, not even Jungkook who had always been by his side. The marks of a Werewolf that had claimed his mate.
The Alpha... had left a mark that couldn't be taken away.

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

Love Minty 💜