2

-mads-

"so today, i'm going to be doing a cover of 'polygraph eyes' by yungblud. cause tobi won't leave me alone until i film another singing video. so tobs, this is for you." mads says, setting up the camera to film a new cover video. tobi was always telling her to upload more but she just didn't have the motivation. her prick of a boyfriend took it away.

'saturday night ain't about romancing no more.'

unless romance is awkwardly being pushed around a group of wankers.

'leave it alone mate. she doesn't wanna to go home with ya'

if only jack would understand.

'and give him the polygraph eyes.'

if she did, she knew she wouldn't like what she found out.

"let me know if you have any requests for songs, and yeah. all the best, stay in touch. mwah!" she does her outro, taking a deep breath to compose herself.

text from: wanker
remember, i'm picking you up for the sidemen party @ 8. try and make yourself look half decent, if you can.

text to: wanker
i'll try, no promises x

after putting on one of the more party appropriate dresses from her wardrobe and slipping on her favourite heels, she actually felt pretty for once, with her natural makeup making her feel more like herself and not jack's fantasy. she smiles at her reflection before being distracted by her apartment door being pounded on. terrified, she steps towards the door, hoping and praying it wasn't her boyfriend.

"thank fuck for that." harry says, walking into her flat and throwing himself down on the sofa. as much as she acts like she hates it, she loves how comfortable they are around each other. she loves that they're best mates, jack just wasn't the same for her.

"make yourself at home then. any reason you decided to try and break the door to my flat down?"

"you deserve it, mate. now hurry up, we have to get going." he says, grabbing her arm and dragging her out of the flat. she winces in pain as he grabs the area where jack had punched her the night before, bringing back the nightmare.

"why are you wincing?" he asks, trying to contain his worry. he knew she went out on a date with jack yesterday, and something clicked.

im going to kill him.

"fell over the other day, got a bruise." she sighs, hoping he can't see through her crappy acting.

"sounds like you, smart arse."

"ha ha."

they get to the party together, being passed drinks by everyone they come to. 'the importance of being idle' blasts through the speakers, urging mads to go over and dance with the girls, all of them drunkenly swaying to the music. for a few hours, the beats of oasis, the courteeners, the 1975 and the arctic monkeys fill the house. as 'R U MINE?' finishes, a round of drinking games is called.

the first game played is 'say it or shot it'. coincidentally everyone made sure to spread out on the sofas, so mads ended up basically sat on top of harry.

"let's start then. boggo, have you ever fantasied about any of the girls in this room?" simon asks. he tenses up, knowing full well he had fantasised about the girl next to him.

"yeah, i have." he says awkwardly.

"who?" lux adds, with a smirk. obviously looking to get his best mate to confess his feelings.

harry down's his drink as the rest of the group wolf whistles, assuming they know who. amongst all the celebration, mads gets a light nudge on the shoulder from tobi, trying to convince her.

what was that all about?

"mads. is there anyone in this room you would gladly sleep with, if they asked?" t asks with a smirk.

immediately one name comes to mind. harry.

stop mads, you're friends. nothing more.

"uhm, yeah." the girl says with a voice crack.

"who?"

just as harry had, she downs her drink in one, refusing to give them the satisfaction.

the party thins out after a few hours, as people start heading to bed, absolutely smashed.

"better than last night with jack the nonce?"

"only good thing i get out of that relationship is sex to be honest, and he's not even that good." the girl rants. the alcohol completely shattering her filter and letting her speak her mind.

he laughs at the girl's newfound honesty, "to be fair i agree. having to get in a relationship to have sex is too much effort. y'know?"

"exactly. it should just be as easy as going out to play tennis."

"what do you mean by that then?"

"like, you can go out and play tennis whenever you want, and it's easy. but with sex, you have to find a partner and it's just effort." she sighs, knowing she isn't making sense but being too drunk to stop at this point.

"that's actually fair."

the two carry on talking late into the night, unaware to everyone around them silently celebrating. everyone on the outside could see how they feel, even if they couldn't. slowly, the pair ended up drifting off to sleep in each other's embrace.