3

as memories of the events of last night start to flood back in, mads recalls being at a party at the sidemen house. her ears still ringing from the music and head still throbbing from the alcohol.

"morning, morning." tobi says, noticing the girl being awake.

"morning tobs."

"sleep well? you look like you did." he says with a smirk, secretly celebrating that the two had been together. he had always been their biggest supporter, being able to see how perfect for each other the pair were.

"ha ha. we were just up late chatting and obviously fell asleep." she says rolling her eyes, noticing the boys arms wrapped around her.

best friends do this all the time, right?

"make sure you invite me to your wedding." he says, in a sing-song voice.

after reluctantly shuffling herself out of harry's arms, she makes her way into the kitchen. making herself one of her famous hangover smoothies to try and help her recover from the night before.

"morning, wanker." she says, smiling at the boy who had just walked into the kitchen. "hangover smoothie?"

"so, what are you doing today then?" he says, taking a sip of the girl's smoothie, after having downed his own, earning him a glare from her.

"well i have a date with jack later, but otherwise literally no plans. what about you?"

"you can help me out then. you can be my tripod for sidemen filming today. i mean, you are built like one." he says, giving her a light nudge in the shoulder.

"and i wonder why you're single with chat like that."

walking around central london, filming harry for this challenge was genuinely the most fun she'd had in a while. watching him being sent random challenges by the boys to do was very entertaining, seeing him being awkward and unlike his youtube persona.

she was filming him having to 'take a shower in the fountain' when he pulled her in with him, wrapping his arms around her so she couldn't escape.

"you prick!"

"you love me really." he says, smirking.

"now, you have to drop me off home, so i can shower before my dinner tonight."

he rolls his eyes and drags her towards the car, angry that she was spending with the guy who treated her so wrong and not him.

as friends. obviously.

as he pulls up, she gets out of the car and flip him off, heading unwillingly up to her flat. knowing full well she'd rather stay in on her own than go anywhere with her boyfriend. the guy she loved.

well, the guy she was supposed to.

surely dates should be something to look forward to, not to dread. they should be the highlight of the day, the reason you go to sleep happy. but with jack, it was the source of mads' nightmares. she knew they weren't right together, she just couldn't bring herself to leave him.

getting ready the same as usual, stereophonics on full volume to try and drown out her thoughts. caked on makeup and a tiny dress - just the way jack likes it. the date is in a bar by their house, the same as ever. all spontaneity was well and truly gone from their relationship. the two make awkward conversation the whole night, with mads getting more and more uncomfortable with every drink her boyfriend took.