Daggers And Breakfast

His horror haunted my night and now, rules my day.

Kylo Ren had never lost his victory. From only a couple of days, I had figured out that the man was painfully mercurial, as he would abuse me with his power and portray his evil nature as something heroic whilst simultaneously playing the victim with no empathy.

Last night, when he had somehow lifted me into the air and force choked me, he had let out a swarm and collection of emotions that ate away at all of my defensive walls which I had carefully built. Instilling fear, obligation and guilt, anything to fog up my mind or cloud my thinking as I once thought of myself as a strong person – Strong enough to carry the weight of all this responsibility and the hassle that the Apprentice provides.

It is in this day, that it becomes dark with my mellow gloom, no matter how scorching the two suns could be. With a golden crown lonesome on the floor and my heart smashed into tiny pieces around it, all courage is now diminished.

Yesterday, when I had first awoken, I would have never imagined the day I would rise without a fire that burned in my soul to get out of here, but now... I only have the energy to keep myself alive in the grey embers surrounding.

They will find the real Princess soon and then, I will be able to go home, away from Kylo Ren's prying hands – This I have to keep telling myself and in the meantime, I will wait and stay in the misery that captures my life and slowly kills the rest of my soul.

I hadn't slept last night and if I caught myself dozing in the intertwined grip of Kylo Ren, I forced my eyes open until they stung, softly crying into my pillow for another round that night.

When I need to be lucid and clear, my brain begs for unconsciousness, for sleep at any price. Kylo's no longer in the quarters, he left the moment the sun took its place in the horizon, but after the hours of darkness and an empty bed, I still don't make an effort to move nor sleep.

I lay on my side, and watch the colour slowly seep back into the walls as the balcony behind lets in the gentle breeze. When the daylight finally shines into the room and the birds fill the air with their own music, I sigh and make an effort to move, but all I manage to do is curl my body closer behind the sheets.

Bile rises in my throat when I can smell his musky scent upon them. The empty space where he laid, remains untouched and I glare at the wrinkles in the bedsheet that his strong frame had caused.

When harsh heels clink through the foyer and then into the room, is when I finally close my eyes, but before the lids of my eyes sting in closure, I catch a glimpse of the orange hair which lightened to a raging red in the sunlight.

"Get up." Ruby hums, tugging on the sheets by my feet and then sighing as she picks up the crown on the floor and places it on Kylo's drawers.

I make a gurgled noise and groan, pretending to be asleep and hoping with crossed fingers that she would just leave me alone. A perfect escape would be to just hide out my days until Kylo comes back, and then most likely hide away in the bathroom or something. Why must I pretend to be the Princess twenty-four-seven?

She huffs a loud breath and slaps her hands by her sides, "I know you're awake." She exclaims and I roll my eyes further into the back of my head. "I saw you see me walk in!"

I mumble beneath the thick sheets, "What do you want now?"

Using my voice for the first time today, my throat is tight and sore and every syllable that rises from my lungs and out into the open, scratches its way through my mouth and neck, feeling like sandpaper to my muscles.

I pulled up the duvet and rolled towards the darker side of the room – From this angle, his scent is overbearing.

This side was away from the summer morning, sun, but still on the wall there were rectangles of light projecting from the gaps between the curtains and balcony.