Vengeance

My heart had bruised into a deep black, darker than any midnight sky and as Anwar's eyes shine in my memory, only to then perish into a complete nothing, I understand that there is no hope for light, nor is there even a flicker of motive in every fibre of my raging system, to ever lust for anything other than vengeance for what my life had become by the hands of so many other's – So many touches upon my fate and yet, I never even got to add my own fingerprint into the path, in which my soul had died among the journey of cruelty.

"What are you going to do to me?" The ginger girl kneeling before the throne spat as she hid behind the bindings of her silver shackles, "– Sentence me to hang upon the walls of the Kingdom? You can't do that, I basically gave you all of your power!"

I had waited for this very moment since the second her raging flame of hair was ready to battle the burning of my blood. I sat upon the throne with my arms resting on the gold and my face stinging with the touch of morning dew. Many servants had gasped upon the sight of the horrific gash across my face, which surprisingly didn't bleed but the smell was just as metallic as the taste that filled my mouth from clenching my teeth down on the insides of my cheeks, from trying so hard to restrain myself from throwing clenched fists in their faces, whilst those young girls in white aprons, begged to tend to the burnt flesh.

But, I refused to cover it with a bandage. I refused to calm the crying sting with a buttery ointment – For I wanted to see the reactions of the servants, StormTroopers and every single person who walked these halls as if there was a smell beneath their nose or as if they were still mounted to their high horse... But most importantly, I wanted to see the twitch in Ruby Mayse's demeanour and I relished in the way her shoulders stiffened when the guards threw her body to my feet.

I hate everyone here and I want them all to perish. I loath those who knew about my royal imitation and had a part in it, and Ruby Mayse was the opponent to my soul – She was the reason that I was brought into Kylo Ren's vile and evil embrace... And I wanted nothing but revenge, so I forced her to look me in the eyes, whilst she fought to not glance at the gash between them and bow to my crown and authority.

The crown of the Queen and the power that it gives, is only a mask that I wear as all I have ever known myself to be, shifts and twists brutally into someone else, someone who has been abused and beaten into this shape of a woman who's mind relapses and tortures itself, only to keep its vessel alive, for the girl from the slums is dead, as dead as Anwar is – Leaving nothing but my vessel, which no longer kneels before the threats of another or retreats as they make their power play, but rather instead, I make my own counteracts and I smirk as I pick up my Queen piece and laugh sardonically as I knock the rest of the pieces off the entire chest-board.

All this time I had moved in silence and hidden behind the much smaller roles, but now after Kylo Ren has revealed the truth and uncovered the darkness of imitations, I have nothing left to lose – No future, no glimmer of an escape. There are many reasons to give up, after-all, Kylo had said so himself that so long as everyone thinks that I am the Queen, I will be the one to hand him the crown and the whole of Jorkhan, as if it were a chest-board for him to destroy... And although, I had lost everything, I had gained nothing to lose and the emptiness only craves revenge – So instead of making moves in silence, I know that it is now time to stand in power and say, checkmate.

I know my eyes shine with something that they have never gleamed with before as I tilt my head to the side and pout lightly with a mocking chime as I watch the way Ruby's wrists twist in her restraints.

I can only assume that this was how pathetic I must have looked that day I knelt before her in the green fields, holding my palms open and awaiting the drop of a meaningless gold-coin, which never came.