Ruby Mayse

Along with the raging skies, the hope was only slowly crumpling like a soggy piece of paper, tethered on the sides and falling into spotty foldings of snow-like littering.

It had been two days since I had last seen Anwar, and despite my constant pleas to return back to the stables, it seems both the weather and Ruby, were battling each-other on who could be the greatest deterrent to my wishes.

The weather was out of my hands and along with everyone else's, so it was easy for me to not scold the sky nor punch at the windows where the water falls like autumn's petals alongside it.

But Ruby? She made my blood boil and my fists tighten whenever I was around her, because it seemed as if during the last two days, she was constantly finding tasks or teaching lessons in order to discourage me from having any-time to see the stables – It was almost as if in some twisted and sick fate, she new who Anwar was and what he meant to me.

Ruby asks questions in vain about Kylo Ren, wondering how he and I are getting along, and using her own gift that she had brought to me the day I had gotten here, I lied – Telling her that things are well and things are progressing in the fact that he surely has no idea about the royal deceit, leaving out the fact that my heart beats for another man, when I consider for a fact, that he may love the Princess that I imitate.

During those long and treacherous days, where I spent longing for the man who was so close, yet too far away, I relished in all things golden, boasting in the memory of his golden hair that I should return to, any moment now when I find the chance to flick away Ruby, who sits by my side in the library, shifting through a collection of dusty novels or historian books that I may be interested in – Though, I always shake my head at whatever title she shows, returning my gaze back out the window, shortly after.

Row after row of neatly lined up books with their spines facing outward, the library was a grand space, where paintings lined the walls and pastel etchings of chubby babies and God's wrapped in silk, lined the roofing. The books wait to speak their words upon the thousands of wooden cases, their ink on papery leaves that will always stay, even though centuries may pass as the King's collection was entirely off keeping to the public, only a handful of people in the Kingdom were allowed to indulge in their letterings.

But even now, Ruby and I were the only people in here, sitting on a long oakwood table where the chairs on one half were plush, and tucked into the other-side of the table, was only a long stretching of seating with cushioning upon the wide windows that looked over the fields.

Gazing out to the tiny paddock and stable from up here, my soul whispers professions of love and schemes of felicity, but the pain of separation, however, is only alleviated upon my heart as I constantly fight back asking Ruby, for the thousandth time today, if I can go to the paddock.

Though, it seems my tongue was still capable of slipping past my grinding teeth, "Can I please go see my horse? I won't be long and I will wear a coat."

I turn back to Ruby and watch the way she sighs to a new title, glaring at its lettering instead of me, "I have told you that you can't today, the King and Kylo Ren are to be meeting us in here soon."

The pang of disgust and mixed apprehension sunk into my esteem as my shoulders dropped slowly and so did my hopes at the mention of seeing the King.

"Why are they both coming? And why must we be here?" I ask, my voice flat and bored as I let my eyes rest upon the ginger locks upon her head, which in this dark weather, seemed to flatten with her liveliness.

Her steady countenance that she laid bare into the long paragraphs of the novel she clung tightly onto, faded with the foreseen impatience in my snide and when she finally glanced to me with those icy blues, her mouth pursed into a thin and straight line as she flicked her gaze upon my features, particularly the birthmark.