Empire Of War

Jorkhan had been kissed by the Gods today, but only with a lustful poison of death upon their moral lips. 

The two sunshines reminded me of the many days spent basking beneath them, as my trembling, blistered fingers plucked berries from stems, though not for my rumbling stomach to eat, but rather for the citizens far richer than I, to place on their golden or silver plates.

The rays piercing through the thin white clouds, have a warmth that is coated in brilliance for the infinite hues of green which follow the mountains beyond the palace balcony, and to the kingdom gates which barricade the richer from the rich, and then so on until the grass dies out and there is nothing but dirt for the poor to defend their honours amongst. 

My face had been cleaned, but there is still a sharp sting buried in the deep cut and oozing out of my black heart. The maids offered a veil, but I refused to allow them to pin it to the locks of my hair – Or help me get into the white dress, which extravagantly flourishes like a waterfall of silk and lace, off the shape of a headless mannequin. 

The minutes are counting down to the wedding ceremony, the very event that I had been stolen out of the dirt for – To marry Kylo Ren, and unite Jorkhan with The First Order. I stand on the balcony, still wearing the dress that I had thrown on carelessly before I sentenced Ruby Mayse to the place I once wished so deeply to return to... But without Anwar, I have no home to long for.

The perfect weather mocks me. The cheery people below, taunt me with their perfect smiles and excited chatters as they crowd around the traditional decorations upon the green grass, which now has a long stripe of red, leading to the alter. They can't see me from up here, but I can already picture the way their faces will twist as they watch me lead myself to Kylo Ren's arms, with a monstrous gash upon my face, which matches his own perfectly.

It will only be the first symbol of violence to come, for Jorkhan is doomed the very moment the ring will slip onto my finger... But now, I have no escape, no way to leave before the wedding, which only means that I am to die with the rest of them. 

To me, the orange hue in the sky was the colour of blood, and I wanted nothing more than to embed my fingernails into the colour and then scratch the dawning of death to come out of the heavens. Leaning over the balcony and watching the guests all arrive and the thousands of people flood around the locked gates, I witnessed a vision of fire and extinction. 

Those people didn't even know that they were about to watch their own funerals be summoned in the event of a royal wedding... But once The First Order become their new rulers, it will only be a matter of time before they realise how the Kingdom had betrayed all of Jorkhan. 

The chants outside had begun, to which I flinched at and closed my eyes. A weakened tear slips into the wound upon my cheek, and all my senses flooded immediately to the pain. I could smell the concoction of salt and burnt flesh. I could taste the metallic blood from the bite marks upon my tongue. But all I could hear... Was my own mind's interpretation of the enthralled cheers from below and beyond.

Sobbing and screams boasted over crazed laughter. I faintly could hear bombs dropping, and the soil being torn right from the surface. I listened to the sound of a lightsaber igniting, and striking every opponent in its way, until there was nobody left to defend their home. 

"I assumed you would have been dressed by now..."

The sounds in my mind halts immediately like a silenced choke, and my senses gravitate only to that rough, familiar voice which comes from behind me. I open my eyes slowly, and the darkness of my own imagination, morphs like a broken kaleidoscope into a brighter, but still ignorant, world.