Game Of Imitation

The blade whistles through the air and time seems to slow as my wide eyes meet his adoring orbs of brown, which in the matter of nano-seconds, flinch close as the dagger swipes across his handsome face.

My adrenaline is shooting through my nervous veins and my naked body is on fire, jolting and shaking beneath his hands in attempts to flee, just the same as my pulsating heart wishes to escape the cage of bone around its dreadful beat.

The knife which had sat beneath my pillow – The one that Anwar had given me – Strikes Kylo's cheek of soft and pudgy flesh and the blood snaps beneath the splitting surface, where his freckles once gathered like cancellations upon the pale-white skin, which now turns crimson as the wound bleeds and spurts even upon my frightened features.

His skin was tearing to shreds as the knife dragged from across his eyebrow-bone, just missing his eye and then deeply sliding down his right cheek. The sound of his muscle and skin being violently torn crack through the tension before his sounds of pain do. Then, without warning, I jerked it all the way back to my pillow by my own head with white knuckles gripping the hilt with further intentions but the shaking of my arms seem to despise my bravery.

The blood upon the silver blade, bleeds into the white pillow and seeps into the feathers below the fabric. His cry was a sound of absolute surprise and anguish, guttural chokes mixed with an agonised roar.

The thoughts are accelerating inside my head like a horse with no leash gallops for freedom. I want them to slow down or pull against the reigns so I can make my next move, but they won't stop using up my energy and leave me like a stone statue beneath him.

He had seen it all – Kylo Ren, the most dangerous man in the entire galaxy, knows that I had lied to him this entire time. I had to save myself, and yet, my eyes widen as the taste of metallic drops onto my parted lips and I gasp as if I wasn't the one handling the very knife that had stuck him so dangerously.

Kylo Ren makes a gurgled sound as the blood drips into his own mouth and he then yells in sharp pain as his hands let go of me to tremble to the deep slice in his face – But the pain was nothing to him, he had endured worse than a simple blade, so I act fast as his eyes too, turn red.

My breaths come in gasps and I feel like I will black out because my heart is hammering inside my chest like it belongs to a rabbit running for its worthless life. I convulse beneath Kylo Ren, kicking and punching my way off the bed, tangling my legs in the blankets until eventually falling smack on my knees and then back up again, running towards the door, naked – My adrenaline is trying so hard to make everything slow to something my brain and body can cope with, but the ultimate fright is what keeps me in flight mode.

I didn't know what else to do. There was never a plan of Kylo Ren finding out, it was always just, don't let him find out – And as the sight of his eyes glazing over as if he was in a daydream when he had torn through my brain, embeds itself a new place in my now, desecrated memory as if he had shoved aside everything else and slot himself there comfortably and with sinister purposes, I know that whatever is to come, cannot be good nor safe.

I feel so sick and I can still feel the way Kylo had clawed his way through every twining path of my mind, plucking out what he wished to see and steal what was the most secret parts of my soul. The room is spinning around me but the foyer just outside the bedroom door, is in sight and it's the only thing that is keeping still – Until, the hardwood slams shut without a single hand upon the doorknob to close it.

Just when my throat makes a noise as the pure fear is shocked out of my lungs, I snap back around with wide eyes and a petrified frame of wobbling limbs, to face the bleeding and raging, Kylo Ren.