Karasuno (but mainly Suga) x Reader Oneshot! ~One Bad Day~

a/n: this is kinda bad forgive me please but i had a lot of fun writing it
this is just a oneshot, no relevance to the actual story, just a side-extra! enjoy anyway~

a/n 1/6/21: i was gonna edit this chapter but its just so cringe i physically cannot 💀

neways enjoy ig

. . .

 You always did have one bad day during your "time of the month." Just one day out of those 7, where you lash out at everything and can't control any of your emotions at all. The rest of the days are more like... you're quieter and sad inside, and that's it. It normally does reflect off of your playing, since you're kind of down and less motivated, but you only really felt pain on that one day. And that one day was today.

Today, you got changed into a baggier t-shirt and leggings, your knee pads over them. You were in pain, but you still wanted to go to practice. However, you were silent and stone-faced the entire start. You rudely ignored everyone who said "hi" to you. They're just trying to suck up to me because I'm a girl. Besides the occasional targeted anger you felt, you were emotionless.

However, your day of the month was weighing heavily on your playing skills, and you missed every set that was hit to you, and you weren't able to run as you could before. Almost every single team member asked if you were okay, and you just nodded. You felt yourself getting pale as another wave of pain washed over you. Right as you were supposed to block, you clutched your stomach and squeezed your eyes closed. The team was quick to crowd around you.

"(Y/n)-san? Are you gonna throw up? Don't worry, I've done that plenty of times," Hinata said. You shook your head, clutching your lower abdomen, as another cramp hit you.

"N-no, Hinata," You responded quietly, with a whimper. You gritted your teeth. Why would he assume that? So annoying. You winced at your mean thoughts.

"(Y/N)-CHAN!!!" Tanaka and Noya shouted. How irritating. Can't they ever just leave you alone? You put your head in your hands. "OH NO! Who hurt you?! THEY WILL PAY."

You just frowned into your hands, anger bubbling up from inside of you. Daichi rushed over.

"She doesn't look up to it right now, Noya and Tanaka," Daichi said sternly. "Hey, (Y/n). Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," You said a bit too harshly. He backed up and the team only grew more curious.

"She looks constipated," Kageyama added. Suddenly, you felt your blood boil.

"Guys, guys, back up, she looks sensitive," You heard Yamaguchi whisper. They probably expected you to cry or something. However, you felt different this time.

"SHUT IT, BAKA!!" You snapped. Silence fell upon the boys. "YOU BETTER GET YOUR HAND-CATCHERS READY, 'CUZ I'M ABOUT TO THROW SOME-"

Suga pulled Kageyama away for chastisement, and you sighed, mumbling to yourself shakily. "I... I d-don't know what c-came over me."

Then you heard Tsukki's laughter echoing from across the gym. You were sure the team knew what was about to happen next. You were in pain and he was just... laughing? Does he know what it feels like?

That beanpole, you thought angrily. Silence fell across the gym once again.

"T-Tsukki!" Yamaguchi elbowed his side, whispering loudly. The aura in the gym completely changed as he spoke again.

"So, not only were you cursed from mother nature with your height," He started. You felt a vein pop. "But with your time of the-"

You spotted Daichi run over to him, desperately trying to get him to stop. But it was too late. You had had it.

"SHUT UP, YOU PREHISTORIC SALT SHAKER! DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE IN PAIN FOR A WEEK STRAIGHT, EVERY SINGLE MONTH?! IF ONE MORE WORD COMES OUT OF YOUR UGLY LIZARD MOUTH, THEN I'LL BE THE REASON THAT DINOSAURS ARE EXTINCT," You countered.

"(Y-Y/n)?" Suga approached you cautiously.

"Leave me alone. You guys just can't stop making fun of me, and I'm one hundred percent sure that your lecture won't help that, Sugawara. You're always pestering me about how I should act, how I should play, what I should do, when you're not even my mother. I don't have a mother, and I'd like to let you know that you can't change that," You answered coldly, leaving everyone in shock. They all knew that you adored Suga and his mother-like behavior.

You cleared your throat, realizing what you had said. "I-I'm going to the bathroom."

You made your way there and evaluated your actions with guilt. Did you really just say that? Tsukishima always makes snarky remarks, and you were never offended. Sometimes, you even thought they were quite funny. Another pang of remorse hit you when you remembered snapping at the first-year. Clueless little Kageyama probably just wanted to help. As did Yamaguchi and Hinata, you couldn't be mad at them. They're too much of a cinnamon roll.

And then... Suga... You broke into tears as you approached the gym door. You crouched and buried your face in your hands to muffle your sobs. Are you really this bad, to the point where you can't control anger anymore? However, you couldn't blame everything on yourself. You were on your...

You felt a hand on your shoulder. Without knowing who it was, you turned around and leaned into them. Turns out, 8 of the Karasuno volleyball team were behind you, holding you into a group hug. You smiled, for the first time today. However, Suga was not one of those 8. You brushed it from your mind, concluding that he had something else to do. You spotted Tsukki, who was obviously dragged into the hug, looking at you with his normal stone face. You hugged him anyway, and he looked away, blushing. The hug broke, and you decided to say your apologies.

Then you turned to the black-haired setter, ruffling his hair and whispering, "sorry." You did the same with the rest of the first-years and bowed to Tanaka and Noya, apologizing and calling them "senpai." Then you approached Daichi. The team was probably expecting a formal apology, but you decided against that.

"Captain... D-Daichi, I'm so sorry for disrespecting you," You bowed.

"Don't worry about it, (Y-" You interrupted him with an embrace. He smiled back, and you walked towards the mother of the team, who looked pretty down.

"S-Suga?" You say beside him, trying to look into his eyes.

"Yes, (L/n)-san?" He didn't give you his signature grin, and merely gave you a second of eye contact before averting his eyes elsewhere. Nope, no hug, no "are you okay"s or "do you need anything"s.

"Wow, last name basis again? Was I that bad?" You joked, soon realizing that he was actually hurt.

"Suga," You repeated sadly, catching his attention. "I'm so sorry. You know I didn't mean it. Please don't take what I had said too seriously. I couldn't control my emotions. I know you only want what's best for the team. Your motherly qualities are what make you special, Koushi, so please don't let this change you at all."

"You do know that I'm not trying to replace your mother, right?" He said quietly. You chuckled.

"Yes, of course I do, Sugamama," You smiled, earning a small one from him as well. You turned towards him and wrapped your arms around his waist, leaning into his chest. He returned your embrace.

"I'm so sorry, Koushi. Do you forgive me?" You mumbled into the hug.

"Yes, I forgive you, (Y/n)," He replied. You could even hear some cheerfulness in his voice.

"We're still friends?" You asked hopefully.

"...Yes... we're still friends," He said after a second, hesitation brimming his voice. You grinned back at him anyway, sitting on the bench for the rest of practice. You knew that many more of these days were to come, but you were sure that you'd be able to get through them. You did have the most amazing team, after all, and it was just one bad day.

Yay! Two story thingys out in one night~~ 

i wrote this one like *bigsped* a couple of days ago

-author-bree