Chapter 7.5: Worth It

HEY HEY HEYY GUESS WHOS BACk
the next few chapters are pretty sucky i think bc they suck and i wrote them in the car on vacation and im beginning to doubt that the way suga's personality is depicted in this fanfic is correct

uh but enjoy anyway ig

also im dying bc i love akaashi and his bday is the same as mine and im happyyyyyyy

You groaned and squinted upwards, accepting the hand that helped you stand.

    "Huh? Suga..." You yawned and sniffled, trying to hide the fact that you had started crying for no reason.

    "(Y/n)! I was so worried, are you okay? Why were you crying?" He asked. You blushed. He was worried. About you.

    "Um, I... I'm sorry, I.. I don't know why I'm acting like this," You whispered nervously. You really didn't want anyone else to hear. Especially the second-years. Sugawara must've caught onto your concern, for he closed the gym door and sat beside you on the steps.

    "(Y/n), you have to stop apologizing," He said comfortingly. You smiled a little.

    "Okay, Suga-san," You muttered, smirking suddenly. "I'm sorry."

    He chuckled, and your ears were blessed. Someone needed to hand you an Asahi- he sounded like a literal frickin angel. Like, what the actual hell.

    After a moment of quiet, you broke the silence. "I shouldn't be getting my hopes up about volleyball. If I'm being honest, I think that the first practice game was just beginner's luck. And it's my first day, I should've been getting to know my teachers, classmates, and school. Maybe joining a club isn't the best idea if I know I'm going to be the reason we lose anyway," You vented.

    "Hey! Why are you being so negative?!" The third-year exclaimed. He got up and karate-chopped your side. "Negativity... BEGONE!"

    "What the hell, Sugawara-san?!" You said, grimacing and rubbing your side. You suddenly straightened out and smirked. "Your chops are a lot harder than you think, and you sound like an angry mother."

    "What? Well, you deserved it. With all that false negative talk and such," Suga replied. You responded by tasering his sides. (yk what i mean? Do your friends do that too? like 👉👈 but at your waist? it tickles and hurts? if ya don't know what i mean check urban dictionary kek)

    He yelped and grabbed his waist.

    "What was that for?" He glared at you the slightest bit, making you giggle a little.

    "Well, you deserved it," You countered. This ended with you both chuckling.

    "Very clever, (Y/n). But not as clever as my cheering-up method," You fake-gasped at his retort.

    "Who are you? A positive Tsukki?" He responded with a laugh. #blessed

    "Thanks, Suga," You poked his cheek to get his attention, which was centered on the beautiful sunset that was cast before you, causing him to blush profusely and smile a little(ahaha, i'm having too much fun with this chapter, pretend you didn't know that-).

    Then you two just sat there. There was no tension, no volleyball, no negativity, no words, just you, Sugawara, and the sunset.

    "Suga-san, shouldn't we go inside soon? Aren't they waiting for you?" You asked curiously.

    "I, um, told them that I was going to see what's wrong and help you, so I don't think they'd mind," You nodded in response and had to stifle your chuckle of admiration when he scratched the nape of his neck awkwardly. "And I don't mind either."

    You smiled again, turning your head back towards the sunset. You didn't expect to be at school this long, but you doubted that anyone cared. Especially your father. You just wished that time would stop. This was the most peaceful you had felt in the longest time.

    Today you had... been gossiped about, been toyed with, been pressured, but you had also met the person that made all of those things worth it.

    The sound of the wind blowing against your ears put your mind at ease as you examined the sky, nothing but a canvas of spilled watercolors cascading across the open air. The real thing that calmed you was the sound of squeaking coming from the gymnasium behind you. You wanted the best out of volleyball, and you were willing to practice hours every day to serve your part on the team. But, today, you felt like you needed a rest. Rest, you thought, your eyelids drooping slightly.

    You felt your body involuntarily lean over. You just wanted to rest. Warmth was on your side. You felt calm, even though your mind was still active. Volleyball cascaded across your waterfall of sleepy thoughts. You were going to work hard. You knew you would give it your all.

    Because, you didn't want to admit it at the time, but... he made it all worth it.

hAhaAA i hate myself and my writing so much

sorry for the sucky chapter ;w;

ill post uhh like 2 more tonight then call it a day

ps - im thinking of making a oneshot book of an AU of if you had dropped into the haikyuu universe WHADDYA THINK? it was inspired a bit by @booksoverromance  so check out their book, kay?? but- i promise it'll be MUCH different. if the author isnt comfortable with it, i wont do it!!

~me whos totally nott depressed