Chapter 12: Don't Leave Me

haha, i'm finally out of writers block

ps, not too proud of this chapter. lots of cringe, minor angst, kinda short, but important backstory :D

fun fact before we start: i watched the first two seasons of haikyuu english dubbed! it was my first or second anime so i didn't know the importance of watching in sub 😔✊

you're allowed to like dub, it's not the worst, but i rewatched it in sub and i personally liked it better!

except some voices.. (suga sounds like a surfer dude istg 😂)

tsukkis voice is niiiiice in the dub,, like,, bro.. 😳

heeh oki now storytime lol!

Class ended, and it all went by faster than you thought it would.
The bell rang throughout your empty head, only causing you to wonder how you had gotten into such advanced classes at a young age (refresher: you're younger than most of the first-years). You watched as the class filed out, Sugawara giving you a mere wave before heading off as well.

Sighing shakily, you stepped towards the teacher's desk and prepared yourself to apologize.

"I'm sorry for being so disrespectful, Sensei," You bowed again. "I'll be sure to pay closer attention and not make the same mistake again."

The teacher nodded her head and reached into the drawer to retrieve your phone. "Just remember that I did all this because I have high expectations for you," She stated calmly you looked at her, slightly confused at her change in tone. "I'm aware of your personal and academic background now, so just know that you can come talk to me if you have any problems, or if you need to relieve any excessive stress on yourself."

You were shocked, Sensei was being... nice? In the two days you've known her, she had no friendly atmosphere present whatsoever. Now she seems approachable and friendly. Is this what pity does to a person?

"T-Thank you, Sensei," You replied quietly, putting on a fake smile.
She nodded in acknowledgement and handed you your cell phone. "Have a great lunch!"

Once you got outside of the classroom, you made your way to the gym where you had met the volleyball team only yesterday. There was no practice during lunch that day, so you sat against one of the walls and pulled out your phone.

Damn.

It had sent.

How embarrassing.

On your screen, the most recent sent message...

"I miss you."

And he still hadn't seen any of your texts. Come to think about it, he almost never seemed excited to call you or had any emotion in his texts. You just assumed it was his personality, but what if he really didn't like you?

What if he wanted to leave you, just like everyone else?

Did it even matter anymore?

You sighed, already getting teary. Scrolling through your old texts, you wondered if he ever really cared. What if it was all pity? You called him every week, but he always seemed exhausted and emotionless.

(fyi,, these are old texts you're reading through)

(y/n): hiiii!!

Shcitty boi: Hello, (Y/n).

(y/n): how's school in japan going?! i'm excited to be a third year there!!

Shcitty boi: It's okay.

(y/n): are you excited?! i'm coming to japan soon!! i'll finally get to see you in person again!! it's been so long, too!

Shcitty boi: Yeah, have a safe flight.

(y/n): jiji!! im packing for japan now! my dad will be on business trips a lot

Shcitty boi: Make sure you have everything you need.

He was so blunt, that boy. Maybe... he acts differently with his friends. His real friends.

Burying your face in your hands, you recalled the real reason you were feeling all this pain.

Without light, there's just darkness...

~Flashback~

"Didn't you hear? Her mom died."

"That's her!"

"Look, she's just as emotionless as ever."

"Not crying at all? Man, she really doesn't care."

"I heard it was her fault in the first place."

"She killed her mother."

It's not the truth! Lies, lies everywhere. They were my friends. Now I have nobody.

Is it for a reason?

Is it a sign that all I do is cause pain?

Maybe it is the truth.

It's all based on what others believe.

I did kill her.

I don't deserve to cry.

Had I listened to Father... the cost of my mistakes wouldn't be her life.

She would still be here.

But now nobody's here for me.

What difference could crying make at this time?

You just sighed, knowing emotions would get you nowhere.

"Wow, what a psychopath."

"She should be in a psych ward."

"Did she just smile? Her mom died. What the hell is wrong with her?"

"Do you know the full story? She tried to save her mother, but ended up losing most of her family's savings. They had no choice but to let her mother go."

Rumors spread like wildfire. But... they're not all fabricated...

"She probably meant to do that-"

You covered your ears, not wanting to hear the lies. A shadow blocked the dulled sun from your expressionless face.

"Hey..."

You looked up, for the first time in weeks.

"Those rumors aren't real."

There he was...

"I'll be here for you."

The light to bring you out of your darkness.

~Flashback end~

But if he was gone... who else did you have?

"P-Please... don't leave me, too," You cried, your voice shaking as tears streaked your cheeks. "I need you. I love you."

daaaaang itttttttt short chapter >:c i angy

lolol i just made it so obv as to who "shcitty boi" is aaaa

meh it do be fine

it do

meehh ALSO I GOT A DEFINITE POSTING SCHEDULE YAYY!!
i'll have a new part up every wednesday (starting this wednesday lol) and every other sunday (unless i say otherwise)

~the author that can totally handle all she's promised (and she's sorry about the bad chapter enjoy your day ^^)