Chapter 16: Sleepovers and Awkward Silences

heck i hit 400+ votes and 10k+ reads over the weekend??
thank you <3

You rubbed your eyes groggily. Standing up slowly, you got off of the floor of what you took as your room and walked in the direction of your bathroom.

To your dismay, you slammed into a wall.

"Oww, what the fu..."

Wait a gosh diddly-darn second.

This was most certainly not your bedroom.

This was most certainly not your house.

You shook your head and blinked to ensure you weren't dreaming. Then you slammed into the wall again. To ensure you weren't dreaming. Not because it hadn't completely registered that you weren't where you thought you were.

You were confused, that's where you were.

Wait what

You pleaded for your brain to just—work already. But brains never listen, so they? (ears do lolol- mk i'll shut up now)

Your eyes were puffy when you blinked them again, and your face felt warm and sore. The darkness of the room you were in pressed against your heavy eyelids as you searched desperately for a light switch.

Where were you?

Your anime-opening alarm clock did not go off and if this was a dream, it was a pretty damn realistic one.

You felt your arms, and you quickly realized you were still in the same clothes you had worn to practice the day before.

Familiar voices were quick to snap you out of your little trance.

"Is someone there? Daichi, it's unlocked."

Wait? Voices?

Suddenly, a door slammed open with such force that you flew out of your thoughts.

"AAAAAAHHH A GHOSTTTTT!!" The voice screamed. You could've said the same thing, since all you saw was a dark silhouette floating up in the air. Your mouth opened before you could process the familiar figure.

"AAAAAAHHH A HINATA-" You screamed in response, surprised to see the orange-haired boy right in front of the room you were sleeping in.

"Wait— (Y/n)-senpai?" He approached you like you were a wild animal. Slowly and cautiously.

"Hinata! Why the hell are you so loud?!" Kageyama shouted, grabbing the poor spiker's shirt and pausing when he saw you. Weird dream, you decided.

"HINATA! KAGEYAMA! BOTH OF YOU STOP FIGHTING RIGHT THIS-" Daichi-san froze when he saw you as well. "...moment?"

"Dai-san?" You asked groggily. You rubbed your eyes and squinted. Why was the volleyball team here? Oh, so you're so perverted now that you dream about them, too.

"(Y/n)?"

"Dai-san..." You repeated. "Why am I here?"

A familiar setter ran in the room, in response to the screams.

"Are you all alright-"

"Why am I here?" You asked again, confirming that this was no dream.

"Were you crying?" Hinata pointed out shamelessly. You smiled in pity as the mother crow glared at him.

"I-I don't remember, Hinata," You replied simply. But what had happened?

"Did you sleep in the club room?" A salty beanpole asked saltily. Oh. That was the club room? "Pathetic."