Chapter 21: Fallen - Training Camp Part 3

honestly? i should be doing my piles of homework right now

but i realized so should a lot of you ;)

jkjk sorry this is late lol

You rubbed your sore, aching muscles and stretched dramatically as you heard the rustling of others beside you. You rubbed your eyes groggily and glanced around. It was probably only a few minutes before you'd all be woken up to get ready for the day.

That only left you a few minutes to get yourself out of there so that they wouldn't see your morning face.

You slowly got off of your little mattress and tiptoed out of the room. Sadly, no path comes without road bumps.

Hinata snored and rolled over, his arm tripping you in the process. You bit your tongue to prevent a yelp from escaping your lips and succeeded, but you hadn't prioritized your actions.

You fell clumsily, tipping to the side and using your arms to block your body from landing on the person below you. You felt your chest tap lightly on the person's shoulder, your arms brushing their sides. This would be awkward. You didn't want to wake the person in the futon you had landed on so you sucked in your breath and pinched your eyes shut. Who did I land on? Why me? Why am I so unfortunate?

The boy below you rolled over, causing you to lose your balance and fall right beside him. Inches from his face. In fact, you held your breath when you felt his hit your face. Funny how fanfics work, ain't it?

Then you decided that you'd have to open your eyes in order to get tf out.

Silver hair.

A birthmark under his left eye.

Don't tell me-

"AAAGH," You couldn't stifle it this time. You pushed yourself away, your hands on his chest awkwardly. You saw him stir. You rolled off of his body as fast as you could, your face red. Face-planting on the cool ground, you contemplated living knowing that you fell on top of Sugawara while he was sleeping or just dying on the spot.

He groaned. You met his groggy eyes and immediately wish you hadn't. Your arms were inches from where you had pushed off and your face was mere inches again when you looked straight at him.

You heard yawns and groggy groans erupt from the players around you as they started waking up in response to your shout.

"Eh?!" His eyes widened and you had never felt more flustered. "(Y-Y/n)? Why-"

You sprung up, red as a tomato. Now people were staring. Is this normal?

You tried to say something, but just ended up bowing stiffly and walking to the bathroom to wash up for the morning. What a wonderful way to start the day!

You splashed your face with water. It was burning up, you could see its tomato-like qualities through the gaps of your fingers. Why were you this embarrassed? You could've easily stated that you tripped over Hinata and just happened to fall right on top of him.

You thought. Maybe you could just apologize later and hope the group would let it go. Or you could go the introverted protag route and avoid him even though it'll cause a bunch of misunderstandings.

You sighed. You felt like you were hyperbolizing the situation, making a big deal out of something that could be fixed so easily. What made you second guess that previous statement was that, for some reason, you froze up thinking about that very moment. It made your heart race, the heat rush to your face, your body freeze up.

Was it just embarrassment?

Or did you see him in another light?

Despite your racing heartbeat, you shook your head quickly and finished getting ready, slipping on a pair of shorts and a gray t-shirt.