.twenty two.

AN // Warning for this chapter, little bit more smutty action. Promised I'd warn you! Enjoy :)

"Juliet, wait up!" I heard behind me as I exited the school, walking towards my car. I was rushing slightly because I was supposed to be going to Sam and Emily's with the guys. 

"Oh, hey, sorry." I answered back, turning to see a tall and handsome figure approaching. 

He slowed his jog and reached where I stood, standing awkwardly with his hands in his pockets. "Hey, I don't know if you know who I am, I'm Mike's friend. Stan." he said, offering his hand to shake.

"Oh hi, nice to officially meet you. We have trig together, right?" I clarified, also remembering back to my first week of school when Jessica gave me this guys number on his behalf.

"Yeah you too. I was just wondering if you're going to the Halloween party next week or not?" 

I hadn't even thought about this party. Supposedly it was an annual beach party Forks held down on La Push beach and everyone went. I had heard it was big, crazy, and all legalities went out the window.

"Uh I don't know yet to be honest. I'm pretty busy, but I'll see." 

He shifted on the spot. "Right well if you do end up going, come and find me yeah? Maybe we could go together. I got your number from Mike so I could text you the details?"

I was going to turn him down and tell him I was probably going to go with the Cullens if that were the case, but my phone rang. 

"Sorry Stan, I gotta run. But it was really nice to meet you!" I called over my shoulder, thankful for the exit strategy. 

I didn't even look at the caller ID. "Hello?" I answered.

"Looked like you could use an emergency exit." Jasper laughed from the other end, causing me to turn around and see him and Alice laughing at the situation from the other side of the parking lot. 

"Am I that much of a damsel in distress?" all three of us laughed. "Thank you, I didn't have the balls to tell him to get lost."

"We'll see you tomorrow, Jules." Alice called into the speaker.

"Tomorrow's Saturday, Al." I pointed out.

She looked at Jasper for confirmation, and then agreed. "Oh yeah," she spoke in a ditsy and clueless voice. 

"See you guys."

My routine after school had become going straight to the pack house. I was able to hang out with Jay, do my homework while the guys did patrols, help Emily with cooking, and just catch up with them all. Plus, it was a safe place for me to train with my powers and dad felt less guilty about staying late at work if I was with people, so it worked out perfectly. 

Monday nights and weekends were the days I would spend with dad to make up for it.

Getting out of my car, I could already hear the laughter of the rowdy boys from inside as I struggled to get my books out of the back seat, when once again my phone rang. 

"Hello?"

"Juliet, hey, it's Jessica, Mike's here too." 

"Oh hey guys," I answered as I finally closed my car door. "What's up?"

Mike took the phone from Jessica. "We saw you talking to Stan after school, is he taking you to the Halloween party?" 

I stopped at the glass door at their words. "What? No, I'm probably not even going. How did you know he was even talking about that?"