.thirty five.

AN // Might be somewhat graphic if you don't like childbirth and blood etc. ! Be careful :)

First day back at school, not long until graduation now. Everything has happened so quickly, I feel like the move was just yesterday, and now all of a sudden I'm applying for college and getting ready to graduate with my serious boyfriend.

I thought I heard voices as I came down the stairs this morning, and when I rounded the corner, saw Jared and my father at the breakfast table together. I attempted to listen for a second, but only arrived early enough to see my dad shake Jared's hand and pat him on the back supportively. 

The hell? They've known each other for ages now...why are they shaking hands?

"Good morning, Jules. Ready for your first day back?" dad greeted as I walked in the room.

"Absolutely, missed my routine. What have I missed here?" I gestured to the two of them sitting together.

He passed me my coffee with a smile. "Just a little man-to-man talk, right Jared?" 

Jared smirked, walking over to me and greeting me with a kiss. "Absolutely." he confirmed, placing another little kiss on my nose. "Also I'm taking you to school. Missed you too much yesterday." 

I gave him a sweet hug before he sat back down, grateful for my amazing partner in crime.

"Hey that reminds me. How did your date with Sasha go yesterday?" dad interrupted.

Should have seen that one coming. "It was actually really good to get to know her better." I granted.

"And?" 

What did he want from me? "And...I ate pancakes?" 

He chuckled. "Alright I won't push it. I'm glad you two spent some time together. Thank you for making an effort, Jules. Really, it means a lot to me."

I nodded. "Well you were right. You made a massive effort with Jared, so." I put a hand on Jared's shoulder as I spoke, leaning down to place a kiss on his cheek from where he sat.

"Hey, don't be too sure. You don't hear me ripping into him when you're not around." dad joked.

"That's true, and you don't see me trying to fight him whenever we meet." 

The two laughed at their own jokes while I shook my head, but smiled at the way my boyfriend and my father were so easy to get along with, making their friendship blossom quite quickly. 

Jared drove me to school and promised he would pick me up as well. The entire time he had a hand on my knee, making my butterflies ignite like our first touch all over again. I never lost those nerves and the desire to steal glances from him, watch him lovingly. 

"What are you looking at, missy?" he teased when he caught me.

"My incredible, handsome, sweet, loving, amazing lover." I answered confidently, though my heart was beating a mile a minute.

He flashed his dazzling smile and squeezed my thigh playfully, knowing it would tickle me.

"Have an amazing day at school, princess. I'll see you tonight." he promised, leaning over to steal one more kiss.

"I love you, Jay. Thanks for driving me." 

Walking into school after a small break was a relief, hopefully restoring my routine to normal.

"Juliet!" I heard Emmett's voice. 

"Emmett, hey! How is everyone today?"

He caught up to me and we walked to class together. "Pretty good, Bella seemed really good this morning so Carlisle and Esme have gone to get some blood to be ready for the birth. Alice, Rose, Edward and Jasper are home with her though just in case."