~1~

***Astrid sat on her plush bedding with Cotten, her batypus, resting in her lap as she updated her mystical animals journal

***
Astrid sat on her plush bedding with Cotten, her batypus, resting in her lap as she updated her mystical animals journal. She sketched the finishing touches on her drawing of the dark drawel, which was sitting next to her. A dark drawel looks like a pit bull with navy, purple and lilac fur and red and yellow eyes. Though it was quite cute to Astrid, others found the large dog-hybrid scary, despite its caring and playful nature. While Cotten was a pinkish bat-like creature that was most mostly covered in white,  fluffy fur that would puff up when threatened or scared. She was absolutely adorable!

Putting the finishing touches on the creatures sharp teeth, she smiled to herself about her accomplishment. Leaning down her creatures, she said, "What do you think? I think it's pretty accurate." Mo, the drawel, lifted it's head to the drawing book and let out a quiet bark to show his appreciation. She smiled before she heard the late bell of the large clock tower. Eyes widening, she shot up making the two beasts next to her sit up, startled by the sudden movement. Moving Cotten off of her lap and around her neck, she moves around her room to grab her book bag and put her journal in the bag.

The white haired girl didn't have class, she was a TA or teachers assistant for Hagrid's Care of Magical Creatures which was her favorite class with her favorite teacher. They sometimes had tea on Thursdays. Since she grew up around beautiful creatures that others feared, she wanted to become a caretaker of weird and wonderful creatures, maybe teach people about these creatures and how to help them avoid extinction.

She said goodbye to Flittle, a shy petal fey, Nebula, a silent but affectionate lebeye, and Rocco, the baby of the group before running out her room. Astrid's mother, Ginevra Lux, the Charms professor at Hogwarts, had helped her get the private room for her daughter. Saying that since Astrid took care of the animals in the Sanctum, the sanctuary for Hagrid and her animals that they use for care of magical creatures, that she would get a lot of use out of a private room. Plus, none of the Hufflepuff girls wouldn't want to bunk with that many animals and overgrowth, even if they did like them.

Running out the castle and out to Hagrid's Hut, she saw that the Gryffindors and Slytherins were already walking to the clearing in the forest. The white haired girl had gone there plenty of times since she had already met Buckbeak before, when her and Hagrid discussed today lesson.

As she walk closer to the class, she could hear a familiar voice saying something along the lines of, "Why would Dumbledore have this — teaching a class?" The two boys that were standing on the left of him as they stood in the back of the class. All three were wearing Slytherin robes, like the other half of the class.
One of the boys had curly dark brown, light tan skin, and was very large. At least to Astrid, who only stood at 4"11. The other had shaved hair, a very round face and was only a little shorter than the first.

The last one was the most interesting out of the three. He had always platinum blonde hair, a lean stature, and a pale complexion. She seem any of there faces but she hoped that they were nice. Her father always said, "Kindess is not debatable but, is seen as a weakness by weak people"

Walking up to the blonde haired boy and standing at his side as she answered his question, "I think that Dumbledore gave Hagrid the job because of his knowledge on these creatures and his hands-on knowledge of the subject. I think it's less of him knowing how to be a teacher and more of he knows what it's like to be taught."

The boy looked over at her as she turned her head. She studied his face for a second. His face was slightly pointed, a sharp jawline, and beautiful sliver-blue eyes. There was no denying that he was handsome but there was something about him that seems familiar. Astrid just couldn't put her finger on it. She may intuitive but, she had bad memory.

He seemed to look at her in surprise that she was even there standing next to him. They looked at each other for a second more before she put a piece of her long, white hair behind her ear. She smiled at him brightly before walking to the crumbling wall, closer to the front with Hagrid.

'He seems nice!'