~epilogue~

***
[8 years later]
"Astrid, honey, I know that you're nervous right now but you have to stop pacing."

It had been 8 years since Astrid and Draco first confessed their love for each other and they had been together ever since. Like most couples, they had their ups and downs with Draco being forced to join the Dark Lord and getting the Dark Mark. Astrid had supported him throughout that and helped him when he was at his worst but she still loved him all the same. He ended up proposing to Astrid after the war, saying that he couldn't live without her and wanted her to be Astrid Malfoy. She said yes, obviously.

"I know, I know Daisy but what if-" Daisy Weasley cut her off by putting her hands on her shoulders and forcing her to look her in the eyes. "Astrid, Draco loves you and you love him. No more 'what if's. Everything is going to be fine. He's not gonna get cold feet." Daisy had ended up marrying Fred Weasley right after the war and having a baby girl named Penelope, who was now 2 years old. Their daughter had a dark skin tone but lighter than her mothers and curly brown hair with light brown eyes like her father. They were happy as can be and Daisy was already 2 months pregnant with their second child.

"Daisy's right, bub. She always is." Rhea remarked from her chair in the corner, trying to stay out of the way. Rhea has been dating Luna Lovegood since sixth year, after Astrid introduced them, and they were still together. They were very cute together. Rhea found Lunas free spirit to be adorable and Luna enjoyed how carefree her girlfriend was, not caring what people thought about them or their relationship. "Draco has been whipped for you since third year, maybe before that. He's not going to leave you."

"Ok, ok thank you guys." Astrid, soon to be Malfoy, straightened her dress and smoothing down the sides. Her dress was a long, white ball gown with a deep cut down the valley of her chest. Down her arms and around her neck was lace embroidered with bright flowers and leaves. A small olive green ribbon tied around her waist in a small bow in the front. It was beautiful. Her long white hair was tamed and curled by Rhea, who was surprisingly good at doing hair and makeup, her bangs still the same but more straight and even.

There was a knock at the door and it opened before Astrids mother, Ginevra, walked in. She let out a quiet gasp at the sight of her beautiful daughter. "Aww, Ashy, you look so pretty!" Her mother walked over and pulled her into a mama bear hug before pulling back and saying, "I can't believe you got so big so fast. I remember when you would run around the garden bare foot, chasing the butterflies." Astrids face turned more red under her applied blush as her friends chuckled quietly, despite hearing this story before when they were still in school.

"Moma!" Astrid whined in embarrassment as her mother chuckled as well before snapping out of it. "Right, bridesmaid. It's time." Rhea and Luna stood up from their chairs, the first kissing Astrid on the cheek for reassurance. Then Daisy went after them, squeezing Astrids hand before leaving. The bridesmaids and the maid of honor were all wearing long olive satin dresses that were loose and had spaghetti straps with a nice dip in the front.

When they had walked out, her mom turned to her and said, "You ready for this?" Astrid let out a shaky breath and answered, "Well, you know what dad use to say, 'If you wait until you're ready, you'll be waiting for the rest of your life.'" Ginevra chuckled at the memory of her late husband and smiled at her daughter who was so grown up already. "You got this."

They hooked arms before they walked out into the hallway to the wedding ceremony. The hall they were using had mostly glass walls with a glass ceiling so you could see the beautiful clear blue sky. The room had been filled with many different plants, some hanging down, some not. The arch had vines wrapped around it with white and pink roses lined them. And there was Draco Malfoy. He stood at the alter in his completely black suit with his hair combed back as he stared at his future wife in amazement at her beauty. He looked very handsome.

They walked up the aisle, Ginevra and Astrid, arm and arm with little Penelope dropping flower petals in front of them. Once they got to the front, her mother kissed her on the cheek and gave Draco a warning look to not hurt her daughter or there would be hell to pay. She sat down in the empty first row on the brides said.

The first row was left for the people that couldn't come to the wedding, such as Astrids father, Snape, Dumbledore, etc. As well as a preach at the end for Cotton, who had died in the war against Voldemort. Luna had been the one to suggest this as she, along with Daisy, were in charge of the wedding planning. The thought had made Astrid tear up at thought that her father would be at her wedding, even in spirit.

Astrid, soon to be Malfoy, walked up and stood in front of Draco and smiled at the dorky look on his face. Like he had seen an angle or something. "Hi." She whispered to him. His smile broaden just by the sound of her voice, still not sure this is real but once she reached out and held his hand in her own, he knew it was. "Hi"

***

After they said their vows to each other, the priest turned to Draco and asked, "Do you take Astrid Charlotte Lux to be you lawfully wedded wife? For better or worse, till death do you part?"

Draco, who was still staring at his almost wife, said, "I do."

"Do you take Draco Lucius Malfoy as your lawfully wedded husband? For better or worse, till death do you part?"

Astrid smiled widely that her cheeks were starting to hurt, "I do."

"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." He didn't need to be told twice. He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into a deep kiss. Her arms went around his neck as they kissed and guest cheered and clapped for the newly weds.

They pulled apart and pressed their foreheads together, just like they had 8 years ago after their first kiss. They smiled at each other as they looked at each other, heterochromia looking into pale blue eyes.

"I love you, Draco Malfoy."

"I love you too, Astrid Malfoy."

A/N: THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! Thank you for giving my book a chance and reading all the way to the end. This book has helped me get through quarantine and I hoped it help some of you guys too. The support I have gotten on this book has made me happy and excited to write more books. I love every single one of you, always. 💕🥺😁