~16~

***Astrid sat on one of the many benches that surrounded the goblet of fire

***
Astrid sat on one of the many benches that surrounded the goblet of fire. The blue flames licked at the air and illuminated the Great Hall. After the two foreign schools had arrived, someone from the ministry came and explained the rules, stating that one under the age of 17 can compete in the Tri-Wizard tournament which caused an uproar of angry students. Until Dumbledore quickly shut them up.

Astrid sat next to Hermione, resting her chin on the Gryffindors shoulder as she read the book in the others lap. She had been sitting with Rhea and Daisy earlier but Rhea started complaining that the room smelled of 'too much testosterone', so she left. Daisy had to leave as well as she had to help Madam Pomfrey with something in the Hospital Wing.

Many of the 6th year boys were submitting their names, people clapping as they dropped little slips of paper into the goblet. Most of the Bulgarian boys had put their names in as well.

Her eyes left the pages of Hermione's book as she heard boys teasing and shouting come into the great hall. Cedric Diggory has being pulled and pushed to the white circle, the age line, as he friends laughing along with him. He smiled broadly as he put his name into the cup. The male Hufflepuff caught her eye and winked at her before he turned away back to his friends. She smiled to herself before turning back to the book.

Her and Cedric had always been friends. When she was in her second year, Professor Sprout had asked her to tutor one of her older students because Astrid was one of her more advanced students in Herbology. So she did and the older student just so happened to be Cedric. They got along very well and people had started to assume that they were dating, which Cedric shut down quickly saying that they thought of each other like siblings.

Her mother had even considered him as a son, but then again she considered most of Astrids friends as her emotionally adopted kids.

She lifted her head up once more when people started cheering as the Weasley twins ran in holding up something. Students stood up on the benches behind the two girls as the twins ran up and high-fived them.

"Well lads, we've done it!"

"Cooked it up just this morning!"

Hermione looked up from her book and sing-songed, "It's not going to work~"

Both twins walked up to the girls, Fred squatting down next to Hermione's side as George squatting on Astrids, putting his chin on top of her head, making her giggle quietly.

"Oh yeah?" Fred said as George continued, "And why's that, Granger?"

The girl in question looked the the white circle and traced it in the air with her finger as she said, "You see this, it's an age line."

"Dumbledore drew it himself." Astrid said.

"So?"

Hermione scoffed and shut her book as she continued, "So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something as pathetically dimwitted as that."

"But that's why it's so brilliant."

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted."

They stood up, George patting Astrids head as he got up, and shook the glass viles in their hands.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George."

"Bottoms up!" They twisted their arms around each other's and drank the contents of the small vile. They jumped over the age line and waited for something to happen. When nothing happened, the room cheered for them as they raised their arms in victory. They did a little dance before putting their little slips of paper into the cup. Everything was silent as they waited for something to happen once more, when nothing did, they cheered once more.

The goblet started to spew out fire and hit both twins, sending them both flying out of the circle. When they sat up, you could see their hairs go white and long beards grow on their faces, making them look like Albert Einstein to Astrid.

They looked at each other and said, "You said!" "You said!" Before rolling around in the ground as one of them had tackled the other. The crowd cheered and laughed at them as the continued.

Astrid couldn't contain her giggles as her and Hermione watched the ridiculous sight in front of them. Hermione laughing along with her. Astrid continued her giggles as she said to the girl next to her, "The moral of the story is: Hermione is always right."

Hermione high-fived her as they walked out of the Great Hall, going to find a quieter place to read.