~21~

This chapter is dedicated to @crusty_wet_bread I hope you get better 💕

I hope you get better 💕

***
Her nerves started to settle in her stomach as she paced back-and-forth between the walls of the tent. It was finally time for the first trial. Astrid had practiced her charms with her mother and they knew that it would work on animals but what if it didn't? What if the dragon was to hug that it didn't work? What if she choked up and couldn't do the spell? What if-

"Astrid!" Her head shot up from its focused view on the ground to look up and see Harry with his hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah yeah totally of course I am why would you think that because I'm totally fine" She said hurriedly as her hands twitched slightly when she heard a loud dragon roar come from outside the tent.

"Because I know that when you're nervous, you start to get jittery and talking fast." He was correct but then again who wouldn't be nervous about going up against a dragon of all things?!

"Aren't you?" She asked looking up at him.

"Of course I am but concerned about you right now," He said before continuing, "I know that you're going to be fine. You're smart and have been working on how to beat this thing, just like every other challenge you've faced." He reassured her as he patted her head and fixed her ponytail a little. Astrids outfit was similar to the two other Hogwarts champions but she didn't have a yellow undershirt like Cedric. She had taken it off because the charm she would be using needed exposed skin aka her arms.

"He's right." Cedric said from behind her as he joined the conversation, "I've seen you do the impossible when you have your mind set on something, you're too stubborn to let it knock you down. You've tamed a dark drawel of all things and turn it into a obedient pup. You can do this." She looked at both of the boys in admiration before pulling both of them into a tight hug, her infectious smile returning. "Thank you guys!"

Harry walked away to do something over by the entrance so Astrid and Cedric stayed together and talked for a bit before they saw a bright flash. Reta fricking Skeeter. The younger Hufflepuff didn't want to say that she hated the woman because she didn't like putting that out in the universe, but she can say that she strongly disliked her. She was a nuisance and just gave off weird feelings to her.

She looked over and saw that Hermione was there with Harry standing by her, just as shocked from the flash camera. "Ah, young love! How... stirring." She said as she walked forward with someone carrying a camera behind her and her floating pad and quill. Astrids face contorted in confusion at the woman at her 'interesting' notion.

"If everything goes unfortunate today, you two might make the front page!" Refs said all to excitedly for what she was implying.