~5~

***Astrid turned her head to look at the group of expecting teenagers, looking at her as they wait for her to start the lesson

***
Astrid turned her head to look at the group of expecting teenagers, looking at her as they wait for her to start the lesson. She knew that their were the same age as her but, what was she supposed to do?! They were her age! She couldn't treat them like kids but she wasn't an adult.

Nervously smiling at them, she smiled and said, "Hi, I'm Astrid...I guess I'm your teacher for the rest of class." The class seemed to chuckle at her awkwardness which actually made her feel a little better.

She didn't know what to do.

She didn't have a plan beyond her plan with Hagrid and Buckbeak so what she didn't know what to do anything.

As she continued to think, Astrid could feel something move against her neck. Suddenly she got an idea. It was only 13% of a plan but, it could work at least for the last half any hour of class. Walking closer to the class, she put the hair that sat over her shoulders, behind her. The class watched her curiously as she scooped something from where her neck and shoulder met.

"This is Cotten, the batypus." She smiles as she heard most of the girls aw that the small ball of fluff. He stood up on his hind legs the shook his body side to side, making the white fur around its neck deflate. "If you would please turn to page 36 of your care of magical creatures textbooks..."

The lesson continued like this, the students asking questions about the batypus and it's features. Like, how it can make its neck smaller and why, what it can do, and how they live, before someone, the girl with the bushy hair from before asked, "Why does she have a ear missing?"

Astrid gave a soft sympathetic to the girl before saying, "Over the years, I have found and recused different creatures that were injured or came from a bad place. Cotten just happens to be one of them. She was being hunted and and ended up getting attacked by a muggles pet dog." She nodded empathetically and let out a small sorry.

As the students continued to ask questions, she could hear someone talking. The two Slytherin boys from before. The Hufflepuff tried to ignore it but when they got louder, she snapped.

"Excuse me, noisy boys in the back? Is there something you would like to contribute to the group?"  Both of them looked at her in surprise, as did the rest of the class at her. She walked a little closer to them as she held Cotten in her small hands. "Did you know that the average batypus can devour a human body in less than three minutes? No? Would you like to test this for the rest of the class?" She asked with a sarcastic smile on her face. Both boys shook their heads fast, suddenly afraid of the shorter woman despite her cuddly appearance.

The whole class looked at her in shock, 'How could someone so kind as she be so fierce!?'

/Time skip\

The class went smoothly after that, no one talked over her thankfully. The bell had rung and the class was dismissed.

As Astrid put her books back into her bag, she felt someone tap on her shoulder. Turning around she saw Harry Potter, the boy who had ridden Buckbeak. She smiled at him and said, "Hi, how can I help you?"

He looked at her for a second before snapping out of it and saying, "Um..Hi, I'm Harry, Harry Potter." He held out his hand and gave her a nervous smile. She giggled at his awkwardness but still shook his hand as her smile broadened. "I'm Astrid. Nice to meet you!"

"My-my friend, Hermione had some questions about the lesson.." He said as he gestured to the two little ways behind him as they watched him talk to the Hufflepuff. When they realized she saw them the pretended to be put their books away. The girl with bushy girl and brown eyes from before must have been Hermione and the boy with bright red hair and blue eyes was Ron from the beginning of the lesson.

Astrid walked over to the pair with Harry trailing behind her. She introduced herself to the two others when Ron said, "Blimey, you're pretty..." Both Hermione and Astrid looked at him in shock. "Ron, you can't just say that!" Hermione said swatting at his arm. The white haired girl laugh, which took them off guard.

"It's alright, Hermione. What girl doesn't want to be called pretty?" They looked at her before the bushy haired girl made a sudden realization. "I know who you are! You're Professor Lux's daughter!" She exclaimed as both boys looked at her.

"You mean our charms professor? Professor Lux?" Harry asked and Astrid nodded her head, "Astrid Lux, at your service!"

They continued to talk as the four walked up to the castle they called home. The golden trio asked her questions as well as her asking them some. It was all and all a great day.