Helping Around The Village

[U/n]= Uncle's name
[M/n]= Mother's name

"Every storm, this roof leaks no matter how many fronds I add." A man said to Tui and Sina as Mohan fixed the roof.

"Fixed. Not the fronds, wind shifted the post." Mohan said jumping down, then ate some meat. "Hmm… that's good pork."

Pua, his pig friend, look at him sadly, then he immediately paled

"Oh I mean… oh no, I wasn't… um what? Oh they're calling me so I gotta… bye!" He said nervously then ran out.

                *****************

Next he was helping [M/n] give her brother a tattoo and [U/n] was squirming in pain.

"You're doing great." Mohan said smiling at the man.

"Is it done yet?" [U/n] asked.

"Don't worry Makua, you're so close." [Y/n] said as she knelt next to Mohan, carrying a huge pot of water.

The two teens turned to each other, but then blushed when they caught each other's gaze and turned away, Mohan clearing his throat.

                     ***************

'You can do this Mohan. I mean how hard can it be? You've talked to her a million times before. Come on, she's your best friend.'

Mohan thought as he looked towards [Y/n] who was harvesting some corn in the corn field.

He sighed, 'Your best friend who you haven't had a proper conversation with for months now'

Mohan took a deep breath, nodding in determination and walked over to [Y/n]

"Um… h-hey [Y/n]." He said nervously.

[Y/n] turned, giving him a smile that made him go week at the knees.

"Oh hey Mohan. How's it going?"

"Well um… it's going… going um, well I guess." He was stuttering, blinking rapidly. "A-anyway, I was wondering…"

"Yeah?" [Y/n] smiled at him, amused.

"If you would…"

"Uh huh."

"If you would help me teach the kids the ancient dance of our ancestors." He said rapidly.

"Oh." [Y/n] said with a tone if disappointment.

"I…I mean since you're such a great dancer, and you were the person I thought of…"

[Y/n]'s heart fluttered. 'He thought of her first.' She smiled sweetly at him as he rambled on.

"B-b-but if-if you're busy, that's totally fine, I mean…"

"Mohan." She reached out to touch his arm and his breath hitched. "Of course I'll help you."

"Really?" He asked in relief. [Y/n] laughed.

"Sure, it'll be fun."

                    ***************

[Y/n] began teaching the kids the ancient dance moves as Mohan leaned on a tree, watching her.

'The kids are doing fairly well. I knew [Y/n] would be the right person for this'

Mohan drew closer and stood next to [Y/n], who smiled up at him.

But then another kid came along, doing crazy dance moves and he winked flirtatiously at [Y/n] who smiled awkwardly.