【03】

"Choi Beomgyu, you have got to be kidding me!"

"What? You look great, hyung!" the younger answered.

"Yeah, Yeonjun-hyung," Taehyun added. "If I didn't already have my eye on someone else, I'd ask you out."

"Yah!"

"Yeonjun-hyung, stop squirming, and let me finish!" Huening demanded with a glare, and Yeonjun had no choice but to stay still as the maknae finished off putting eyeliner on him.

The younger looked at him for a moment before clapping, satisfied. "Ta da! My masterpiece! Soobin-hyung will not be able to resist! Pfft! Boring. Let's see how he feels about you being boring now! You look hot, Yeonjun-hyung!"

And Yeonjun stared at himself in the mirror in disbelief.

They were in the apartment Beomgyu shared with Huening. His younger brother's fashionista friend had shoved him into a pair of tight black jeans and a white graphic t-shirt and topped it off with a black leather jacket. Then, he had tousled his mahogany brown hair that made it look attractively messy and lined his eyes with black eyeliner.

His first words to the younger, however, were, "How did you get clothes that fit me?"

Huening just waved a hand. "Never mind that, aren't you going to thank me?"

The older only flashed him a look, not wavering.

Huening sighed. "Fine. Beomgyu had been planning on kidnapping you about a year ago to be the model for his photography project, and he enlisted my help."

"But, my professor changed my assignment, and he had me do landscapes and still life instead," added Beomgyu. "So, we kind of forgot we even had these. Well, until Huening reminded me today."

Yeonjun wanted to ask more questions but decided to let it go for today. First, the issue at hand.

"So, how is this going to help me with whatever problem I have with Soobin?" he questioned.

+×+

Beomgyu drove him back to his apartment, with the two younger in the back seat. As he nervously got out and walked up to his building, they sent him "Fighting!" signs before driving away.

As he reached his door, he nervously swallowed the lump in his throat but repeated in his head, "You've got this. You're hot. And Soobin loves you."

Putting on a smile, he opened the door and announced that he was home.

It appeared that Soobin was about to head out himself as he was already dressed and putting on his jacket. He paused when Yeonjun came in, his eyes raking over his figure. Yeonjun thought he saw a flash of want in those brown eyes for a second, and his confidence grew.

But, it was soon crushed.

"What are you wearing?" the younger asked, frowning.

"Um... Well... Huening and Beomgyu wanted to give me a make-over," he answered, technically not lying. "Is it okay?"

He hoped that Soobin would compliment him.

But, the younger only shrugged as he finished putting on his jacket and his shoes. "I guess," he answered, walking over to him and pecking his forehead before heading for the door. "Well, I'm off."

Yeonjun's eyes widened. "Wait!"

Soobin paused his hand on the doorknob, looking over questioningly at his older boyfriend.

"Can't you... stay home tonight?" Yeonjun asked, and he cursed the softness of his tone; it made him sound so weak and vulnerable. "We haven't done anything together in a while and-."

"Yeonjun, you know that this has been planned for weeks," said Soobin, sounding a little annoyed. "I can't just back out; that would be rude."

"Oh." Yeonjun pursed his lips. "Can't I come with you then?"

Soobin hesitated before shaking his head. "It's invitation-only, sorry," he said, not sounding sorry at all.

The nonchalant tone made Yeonjun's heartache. "Oh... right... Okay, then."

They stayed in silence for a few moments; the atmosphere suddenly tense and awkward. Soobin then cleared his throat.

"I'll be going now," he stated, opening the door.

"Okay, I..."

The door slammed shut.

"... love you..."

Yeonjun sighed in disappointment before turning to the mirror in their living room. He stared at his reflection for several minutes, wondering if he really was that unattractive.

Were his eyes too small? His nose was sharp, but was it too big? And his lips were really thin, kind of chapped too, sometimes. Was that why Soobin had stopped kissing him these days? His stomach was kind of chubby, but he didn't really have time to exercise. Were his cheeks fat too? Was that why Soobin wouldn't touch him anymore? Because he was fat? Should he lose weight?

Sighing again, Yeonjun managed to pull his cell phone out of the pocket of those tight jeans and call Taehyun.

"Hey, hyung! Did it work?"

"No. He left."

"What?! Is that Choi Soobin blind?!"

"I don't know Taehyun-yah. But I guess it wasn't as effective as you guys thought. Anyway, wanna come over and watch a movie or something? I'm bored."

Taehyun was silent for about a minute and Yeonjun waited patiently as he slipped the leather jacket off and headed for the bedroom to get changed.

"Don't move."

Yeonjun stopped in his tracks.

"Don't do anything. I'm coming to get you and then we're picking up Beomgyu and Ningie again."

"Why? Where are we going?"

"You said Soobin's going clubbing?"

"Yeah...?"

"Then, so are we!"

"Wait, what?"

"Be there in 20 minutes!"

"Taehyun-."

Click.

The younger hung up. Yeonjun stared at the phone, wondering what he got himself into this time. But, hey, if it helped him forget how shitty he was feeling, he supposed it couldn't be too bad.

----------

Well, I know it's angsty, but I just wanna post this :)

Hope you liked it :)

Luv ya! Take care ❤