28. Plans

BAMBAM - Angie, Harrison First

(edited)

---

Adelaide

---

"And why's that?" He questioned, leaning forward a little, wanting to catch everything she said.

Her eyes shifted around the room, meeting each of us with a venomous glint.

"Because he's my father."

---

Only silence followed her bold statement, letting it sink in that we had just been talking about her for the past half hour.

She was the daughter.

Jamie cleared his throat, "it's not my decision, ultimately it's Adelaide's."

Her eyes slid to mine and I returned her hard gaze with my own. Why would she want to kill her father?

What was with this group and killing parents?

From the look in her eyes, I knew that she wasn't going to give this up or let this go, she was determined to be the one to do it and who am I to get in between family politics?

"Okay."

I handed her a small nod and she returned it, not letting her gaze falter in the slightest.

Her eyes shifted to Romano's dark figure splayed in the armchair across from us where they had an intense stare-off, not unlike ours, for a minute before he spoke.

"Okay."

He probably felt for her situation, he had killed his own parents by any standard. 

Jamie looked between the three of us, bewildered by what had just taken place.

"Uh, okay." He hesitantly agreed, turning back to his computer.

Jaekyung settled back into her seat with a venomous look upon her face as Jamie launched into the logistics of the plan, pointing out what would happen and who would do what.

We all knew that there was a lot of pressure on this kill and I was glad for once that I didn't have to shoulder it, knowing that it didn't go down well the past two times.

I had time to focus my plans elsewhere and it was high time to put them into action.

As the meeting started to wrap up for lunch, I reached out for Jamie before he could make an escape, dragging him to a secluded area.

"Jamie, I need a favour."

His eyebrows rose in suspicion as he adjusted his bag on his back.

"Depends on the favour."

"I need to look over the list of people that were at that party," I told him, desperately hoping that he wouldn't ask why or prod too far.

For a few heart-wrenching moments his narrowed eyes bore through mine before resigning.

"I'll get them to you by the end of the day."

I let my breath go and turned to leave but he caught my shoulder before I could fully turn away.

"What do I get in return?" he asked, a mischievous glint in his eye.  

I sighed, there was always a catch. 

"You won't end up in a ditch." I said unblinkingly, not being able to keep the threat out of my voice.

He chuckled, "always one for threats."