Chapter 2

Funeral

Stephanie woke up due to cry and jumped right up, realising Y/n must be hungry. George had walked out of his room too, rubbing his eyes.

He was very glad Stephanie was with him to handle Y/n because past three days, he knew he could barely survive or take care of Y/n alone.

Today was the day, the funeral of his wife or Y/n's mother and he wasn't ready to let go yet. But he had to. He knew Stella would want him to move on.

He took a shower and put on a white button down shirt with a black tie and suit pants. His eyes were red and he had cried once again. He knew it'd take time to get used to this.

Arriving at the church, it was the hardest thing to do. Stephanie encouraged him and they walked inside.

Y/n was left with a nanny for the mean time and here he was, sitting in the front and watched as Y/n's grandmother talked, or mostly cried.

Than came her grandfather and on and on. She didn't have any uncle or aunt but she sure had Stephanie.

After Stephanie's condolences, it was George's time to speak. He got up and walked to the microphone but he couldn't speak.

A lump formed in his throat and he tried hard to gulp. He cleared his throat and took a deep breath.

" Stella was the love of my life. I recall every moment we had together. I cannot forget them, it's hard. I'm sure she's watching her little daughter over from up there and I'm glad I had someone like her in my life.

I was a mess before I met her, and she had fixed me. Or ruined me for the
best, " He chuckled wiping away the tear that just rolled down. " She was the only person who understood me in every way I didn't know myself and let's just say, if I loose the tie, she'd find it out of nowhere. I don't know what to say but I'm sure of one thing, Stella, I'll take care of Y/n with my whole heart and I won't let anything happen to
her. " He says, as his breath hitched and he excused himself.

As they went to the cemetery, Stephanie had consoled him once again, he knew it was time to bid goodbyes. A sob escaped his lips and he fell to his knees beside his late wife's grave.

As everyone bid goodbyes, he sat there for a little more while Stephanie had to go back for Y/n. He sat there talking to her. Telling her how beautiful Y/n is and how she looks so much like her.

He got up, telling Stella he'll come back to see her tomorrow, he left for the house. As he reached, he could hear Stephanie singing a lullaby for Y/n.

He chuckled sadly, recalling Stella used to ask for Lullabies too from her mother and went to his room.

---

" George!!! Breakfast's ready. " Stephanie had called and he groaned. Getting out of the bed, he stroaked out to the kitchen and sat on the chair.

" Is Y/n asleep? " He asks and Stephanie hums, sitting across him and took a bite.

" Steph, I don't know how to put this. I just wanted to thank you, for everything. Just let me know if you have any problem at all. "
He says and Stephanie chuckled.

" Really? Look, only thing I might ask is your daughter because believe it or not. I love her and I'm not planning on leaving her any soon. " She chuckled and George smiled gratefully.

" Thanks, again. " He says and Stephanie smiled at him.

" No worries. You got work? " She asks and he hummed. After the breakfast, George had left back for his clinic and Stephanie had decided to stay back, with Y/n.