Chapter 12

Growing doubts.

" You've got to be kidding me! " Y/n says, spotting Peter turn around and walk away. She pushed past people in the bustling hallway of her school, trying to catch up to him but he had already disappeared.

Y/n slumped her shoulders, clenching her jaw. This had been going on for a week, Peter didn't talk to her nor looked at her. Or whenever he did, he'd look away as soon as Y/n meets his eyes. She had to study alone for the whole week, giving her mid terms and it was very hard to do so.

She usually spent the nights studying with Peter and ended up falling asleep by three in the morning but this time, she was alone and she didn't like it at all.

She turned around, wondering once more if she had done something and walked to her class. " Hey, Y/n." Flash says matching her pace and Y/n looked at him. " Hi. "

" You seem sad. " He says and Y/n smiled sarcastically. " Trust me, I
know. " She says and slides in a seat and Flash had to sit beside her. " Chill! I was just asking. " He raised his hands in denfense and Y/n sighed.

" Yeah, sorry. I'm just tensed. " She mumbled, taking out her books and Flash didn't say anything after that. The class started and finished in a blink for Y/n.

She swung her bag on her shoulder and left school hurriedly. As she passed another street, her hand was grabbed and she was pulled deeper in the alleyway.

" What the-" She says grabbing the arm and twisting it. " Ow! It's me! " Spiderman yelped and Y/n sighed exasperated and left his arm.

" You're violent today! " He comments and Y/n rolled her eyes. " Yeah, planning on murdering my best friend. I don't have much time. What do you want? " She asks crossing her arms and Peter gulped. She looked pretty angry and he didn't want to face the wrath of Y/n L/n.

" Just wondering, you have powers? " He asks and Y/n sighed. " Do you think if be roaming around minding my own business if I had powers? Wouldn't I be running around like you, helping people? " She asks and Spiderman nodded.

" That's a point. I just wanted to know. " He says and Y/n shrugged. " There, you know it. Can I leave? " She asks and Peter nodded. Y/n speed walked out of the alleyway and hurried home.

She headed directly to Peter's apartment and knocked. Luckily, May was home ans she opened the door.
" Hi, May! Is Peter home? " She asks stepping inside and May chuckled. " No. He'll be back in a few minutes though. "

" I'll wait for him in his room. Don't tell him. "
She says and headed to Peter's room. She fell on his bed, throwing her legs up on the steps of the bunk bed and waited for Peter to arrive. And just to his luck, he had been back as Peter Parker, not in Spiderman's suit.

" Hey, May! " She heard and jumped to her feet, hiding behind the door. As Peter stepped in, she stepped aside and closed the door, her hands crossed. Peter whipped around, surprised and
Y/n glared at him, leaning against the door.

" What are you doing here? " His voice was octave from the surprise and Y/n didn't find it necessary to reply. She locked the door and walked to his bed instead, falling on his bottom bunk bed.

" Y/n! " Peter says and Y/n still ignored him. Peter sighed, knowing what she was doing. " Don't mind me. Just ignore my presence. " She mumbled, picking on her nails and Peter rolled his eyes.

" What are you really doing here? " He asks, sighing in defeat and Y/n shot up.
" No shit. What's going on with you? " She snapped and Peter jumped back in surprise.

" Uh... " He finds an answer but found nothing so he stayed silent, blinking repeatedly. " Exactly. You at least have to clear this shit out before starting on your part of decision. What did I do exactly? " She asks, crossing her arms and Peter shook his head.