Chapter 7

Sydney's POV

Quinn, Maddie, and I jump into Quinn's car. We shoot Layla a quick text to fill her in on the party and work out our plan of what to tell our parents. 

After successfully executing our devised plans, we make our way to the Logan family's lake house. We like to think our parents are oblivious but I have a feeling they aren't as in the dark as we like to believe. 

    Music blaring through the car we are lost in the lyrics and I haven't felt this free of my thoughts all week. I welcome all of the distractions and look forward to getting my hands on whatever booze the guys have pooled together.

    As we pull up into the driveway the massive lake house is already buzzing with our friends from other schools and classmates. The boys waste no time when throwing a party, even if it's 10 pm when they are sending invites. It amazes me how many teenagers can escape their parents' watchful eyes on a Friday night. 

Clay's parties are always epic and you never want to miss one. The house is two stories tall and sits on a lake that's about 20 min away from our little town. It's hidden back in the woods and has a massive staircase that leads down to their dock. We have spent countless weekends and summers here out on their family boat. Clay's parents are one of the wealthiest families in town so they don't care too much about what we do as long as no cops get involved and we are in such a secluded area of the lake that things would have to get really out of control for that to happen.

 Currently still dressed in our uniforms we head into the house to change into the clothes we have stuffed into our duffles. We hustle up the steps and to the bathroom on the top floor. The music is vibrating through the house as all three of us change. With a quick check in the mirror, we head back into the chaos of the crowd to realize it has almost doubled in size.

For shit's sake Clay, do you even know this many people? I question in my head as people rush past us through the hallway.

For whatever reason, my heart is racing and butterflies fill my stomach. I'm on edge as we reach the coolers of drinks positioned in the massive kitchen.

 Light blue paint covers the walls along with white cabinets that are lined all the way around the room with a huge marble top island in the middle. It's big and open, with people crawling everywhere. 

Luke is walking around with a basket collecting keys and phones. Clay's biggest rules for partying at this house, are no one is drinking and driving, and ABSOLUTELY no photos. Any evidence of underage drinking would tarnish any and everyone's ability to play sports so no one usually ever fights it. And if they did, Sam, Luke, and Clay would be happy to escort them out.

 Sam is sitting on the island surrounded by some of the other players on the team going over their victory play-by-play with a lot more emphasis than necessary for the people who were all there to watch. Quinn makes her way over to take her place on his arm as he pulls her in for a kiss. My stomach churns with nausea while my heart pangs with jealousy. 

    Maddie sneaks off to who knows where and I am reaching in for a Mike's Hard Lemonade when I feel a huge smack on my curvy ass. "I swear to God Hargrove you better start running!" I screech. 

Whistles and winks are one thing but if you put your hands on me, you're done for.

    As I stand up and turn around I see Layla with the biggest smirk ass look on her face. "You're lucky I didn't come up swinging." I give her as much attitude as I can.

"I'd say so. At least I don't have to worry about you not being able to handle your own out there Syd." She laughs and puts her long arm over my shoulders.