21 | Unexpected discoveries.

The words I'm in love with you kept swimming throughout my head.

Did he really just say that? Or was it my mind playing games with me. Was he being genuine or did he want to get me back for playing him?

Shock filled me as I recalled he had she love and not like. He didn't just like me, he loved me.

Stammering, I said 'Umm...what?', stepping away from him in order to be able to breathe. My mind was racing and I was mentally curing myself for not giving the boy a definite reply.

The jerk just confessed his undeniable love for me and I replied with uncertainty? What a way to deflate his feelings Raven.

Groaning, he said 'Don't make me say it again,' not meeting my eyes. His cheeks were now sporting a light pink shade, reminiscent of him blushing.

The sincerity of his tone caught me off guard and i resulted to staring at him. He was being serious. His raven coloured hair was falling into his eyes and he was showing signs of vulnerability awaiting my response.

'Why?' I asked.

'What do you mean why?' He said confused.

'Why do you love me?' I questioned.

Taking a deep breath he said, 'Raven. How could someone not love you? You're one fiery being who stands her group and sticks to her opinions. You're not like the other girls who throw themselves at me or agree with everything I say. In fact, you're the first girl whose hated me. You're the definition of stunning and it takes a lot of willpower for me to not make out with you everytime I see you. I'm being serious Raven, this is the first time I've ever done anything as remotely scary but exciting like this, just ask Alec. This is hard for me to say out in the open but, I, Ryder Stirling, and truly and utterly in love with you Raven Reynolds.'

Somehow during his speech he had managed to close the distance between us again and place his hand around the back of my neck and into my long hair. He tilted my head up so I was now facing him.

I couldn't express how I felt towards him. Not in that moment anyways so I decided to show him.

Throwing my arms around his neck, I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him passionately. Our lips met and all emotion I was hoping if conveying seemed to have been understood by the male. Without meaning to, my legs wrapped around his waist drawing us closer together causing Ryder to groan.

His tongue slipped into my mouth whilst his held my thighs in place, stopping me from falling. Skilfully, he carried me to the kitchen counter and slammed me down roughly, not that I minded.

He pulled away for a second causing me to let out a noise of discontent. Noticing my eagerness, Ryder smiled against my lips before kissing me again.

Suddenly, we were interrupted by the doorbell ringing so I got up from the counter and made my way to the door fixing my appearance so it didn't look like I was just involved in a heavy make out session.

'Oh umm...hi Mr Stirling,' I said awkwardly well aware that his son was inside the house alone with me.

He too seemed to have noticed this as he said 'Ahh good! You're both here we need to discuss something.'

'We?' I asked and he stood aside to reveal my foster mother grabbing her work stuff from his car.

Both adults entered the house and lead Ryder and I into the living room.

'Sit down you two, we've got some news for you both.' Mr Stirling said.

'Dad? What's this about you're scaring me.' said Ryder.

Once the two of us were sitting opposite him and my foster mother, he took a deep breath and said

'Ryder, Raven, the two of you are siblings.'

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm sorry they don't have a happy ending and the book ends this way but I just felt it being fitting as Raven doesn't know much about her father and they end up as siblings. I guess this book also ends on a cliffhanger so if anyone wants a sequel I guess comment? I dunno I'm not entirely sure though. It's been a fun journey and I hope you guys enjoyed this book!