Chapter 40

Romans POV

Do you ever get that when your out with your friends that just as your about to go in things start to get good? Well thats what happened to me I had to come in for dinner.

Since I think it was etheir Angelo or Lucas who had the rule of we always eat dinner together. But right now that rule sucked.

It was me, Summer, Jessica and Harry out. We were just chilling in the park until Xander came by to pick me up. So I just went since I didn't want to deal with an angry Xander but he had a smile on his face. Surprisingly.

When we had gotten into the house we both immediately went to the dining room where everyone else was except Harlow and Lucas.

Apparently Lucas went up to get Harlow since she didn't hear them call her down.

We were all waiting patiently. Well I was I didn't know about Xavier or Jordan they were both eyeing the food on the table. I swear I saw drool come out of Xaviers mouth. Ew!

Lucas cleared his throat walking into the room. Harlow trailing behind. They both took their seats and once they both sat down everyone started to dig in like animal's.

Tonight was a stir fry made by I'm guessing Lucas. There was a weird tension around the table but when I looked over to Harlow she looked emotionless. Distant.

She pushed around food on her plate with her head in her hand. It had been obvious that she had been crying. Well I don't know about the others but to me it was obvious. The way her eyes were still puffy or how her cheeks were all rosey.

There was low talk like 'What did you do today?' Or 'Did you see that last match?' You know the usual talk.

"Can I be excused?" Harlow looked up from her plate. Everyones eyes were on her since she hadn't said a word or even ate anything.

"You haven't even ate anything?" Angelo said looking down at her plate the back up at her.

Harlow used the fork that was in her hand and poked it into the smallest piece of beef. Then she put it in her mouth looking directly into Angelos eyes.

"Happy? Can I go now?" Her tone was sarcastic and cold.

Angelo narrowed his eyes at Harlow. "Watch your tone Harlow."

"Or what?" She challenged.

I wish I could just jab her in her ribcage like I use to do. But Jordan sits inbetween us so thats out of the question.

"Do you want to keep your phone?" He raised his eyebrow.

"You can have it. I'll gladly get it for you since it's upstairs." Harlow wasn't letting down and we all knew.

"Also your grounded since you can't seem to keep your attitude in check." Angelo voice was calm but stern.

"It's not like I have any plans anyway." She retorted

Harlow pushed back her chair making sure it made the load screeching noise off of the ground. As she was walking out Angelo got up and grabbed her arm dragging a protesting Harlow off.