35

Sagacity's POV
A knock sounded on my room door, and I weakly called out, "Come in."

In came Damien holding a tray with a bowl of soup in his hands. I had been sick all day yesterday, so he called out of work for the rest of the week to take care of me, even though I told him that I'd just get a private nurse to take care of me. He insisted on taking care of me by himself.

"How are you feeling?" Damien asked as he sat beside me. I shook my head, telling him that I didn't feel well still. "Sit up. I'll feed you."

"I can feed myself," I shook my head.

He shrugged, "I don't care. Sit up." I slowly sat up, and he adjusted the pillows behind me so that they'd cushion my back. "You took the medicine I gave you?"

I shook my head while explaining, "I forgot and fell asleep."

"Where is it?" he asked as he looked over at the bedside table he left it on.

I lied, "I don't know."

"Aurora!" Damien yelled, and Aurora came rushing into the room. "Did you take Mommy's medicine?"

She shook her head, "No, Daddy."

He looked back at me and asked, "Where did it go then?" I shrugged, and he gave me a blank stare as he lifted my pillows and took up the medicine. "Seriously?"

Aurora giggled, causing me to crack a smile. I sighed, "It tastes disgusting."

Damien looked to Aurora and said, "Mommy is being very bad, okay? When you're sick, you're supposed to take medicine, even if it doesn't taste good, to make you feel better."

"Okay," Aurora smiled while nodding. "Can Mommy get a lollipop to get rid of the yucky taste?"

"Yeah, can I?" I asked Damien.

He shook his head, "I don't have any lollipops, and Mommy is a big girl." I pouted while crossing my arms, and he replied, "Fix ya face." Aurora giggled as I made a funny face before fixing it like Damien told me to. He then filled the cap of the Robitussin bottle and stretched it to my mouth. I scrounged my face in disgust before opening my mouth, and he quickly poured the liquid in. "Make sure you swallow it too. Damn, I never said that before..."

"You disgust me," I chuckled after swallowing the medicine.

"Are you feeling better?" Aurora asked with hope in her eyes.

I smiled, "I am now, my little pumpkin!" She smiled and walked to me before going on her tippy toes and smooching my forehead.

"I love you, Mommy!" she smiled, warming my heart.

"I love you too, Aurora," I smiled. Damien then brought a spoonful of soup up to my mouth. I sipped the soup and hummed before finishing the entire spoonful. "This is really good!"

"Thanks," he replied as he fed me some more. "I'm glad you like it." He then took a candy cane out of his pocket, making me cheese widely. "After you finish the soup!" It was a good thing the soup tasted really good. I'd have no problem finishing it. "And take your second dose at 8." Aurora giggled before running off, and I slouched as I crossed my arms. "Fix ya face."

"Make me," I rolled my eyes, and he flicked my nose.

He then replied, "I'll fuck the sickness out of you. Don't play with me." I naughtily smiled, and he replied, "After you take your medicine."

I rolled my eyes once again, and he went back to feeding me the soup. I then gasped aloud when I remembered that I didn't let my employees know that I wouldn't be coming in to work for a while. "I gotta call work!" I replied as I threw the covers off me.

Damien fixed the covers as he informed, "I took care of that already. Emery says that everything is under control and that she'll call if she can't handle something."

"Thank you," I smiled. "That was sweet of you."

He teased, "I'm a sweet guy."

"Move," I chuckled, and he chuckled as well. He then went back to feeding me the soup and even took one of my hands in his so that he could caress it while feeding me.

This was the Damien I was used to: the sweet, caring Damien who I could depend on to be present and help me through anything.

I didn't like the secretive Damien that tried sabotaging my father.