Chapter 16

Avangaline's outfit above ⬆️

Third person's p.o.v

Walking into the house, Ava is stopped by the presence of Damon standing right in front of her.

"You look like shit" her older brother comments but no humour in his tone.

"Gee thanks Damon that's what every girl wishes to hear" she replies to her brother not in the mood for his witty comments today.

"What ,too busy spending time with your boyfriend?" Damon asks her knowing he will hit a nerve.

Ava stops in her tracks and turns around to face him."you shouldn't be listening in on my conversations Damon" she tells him.

"Well I can't help it when sed conversations involve you and Elijah mikealson in any romantic way. I'm trying to not play the over protective brother card because I'm well aware of how you can protect yourself but your right to doubt how you feel. I mean he's a mikealson for god sake trust me when I say he will thrown you under the bus when it comes to his family" Damon says to her trying to convince her that this isn't a good idea.

"Is that really a problem? Wouldn't you If it came down to me or Stefan? Putting your family first isn't something bad Damon. Also you don't need to worry about me, that outside was a one time thing. I guess you could say I'm not really the relationship type" Ava tells her brother and continues her journey to her room.

Only to be stopped by the second of her brothers. Christ Ava thought can she not just have a moment alone to think.

"Don't listen to him Ava" Stefan tells his little sister not wanting her to take the advice of Damon.

"You're just like him In the way you think. You don't let people in because you don't want to face the eventual heartbreak but you don't know that will happen."

"It happened to you didn't it. You let Elena in and now look at you Stefan. You mope around all day in pain of how she's now in love with Damon." Ava replies to him.

"You can't live the rest of your life like that Ava. Yeah you're right it didn't work out for me but I wouldn't change the time I spent with Elena because it brought me happiness and that's the most important thing. I'm not going to stand here and say I'm pleased with the person you could potentially fall for and I'm not even taking directly about Elijah it could be someone else down the line but I can't change that and overall you're
more important to me than who you are with. If you keep pushing people away you're going to end up living a very lonely life but I think you already know that." Stefan concludes. Giving Ava a final pay on the shoulder and turns to leave.

Ava just stood there trying to soak in all of what both her brothers had said. Honestly she has no idea what to do.

———————————————————

"So Ric's ring has made him into a psychopath who kills people in the founding families and your old teacher sage is in town" Ava asks Damon trying to understand what is actually going on on this crazy town.

"Yeah that just about covers it" Damon replies.

"So why is this sage in town?" Ava asks her brother.

"Something about reuniting with Finn her long lost lover" Damon answer with that infamous sarcasm.

"Now unless you're interested in a sage and rebekah sex sandwich I suggest you find somewhere else to occupy your time." Damon tells his sister.

"What have you planned Damon?" Ava asks her brother confused.

"Oh I don't kiss and tell"

—————————————————————

"Avangaline" Elijah speaks over the phone.

"Elijah when I said I needed time to think I don't mean one day" Ava replies to him not expecting to speak to him this soon.

" I can't lie and say I understand what there is to think about. I'm not saying that we are immediately going to be with each other trust me I'm not ready for that either. I'm just suggesting we continue getting to know one another" Elijah speaks hoping to convince the Salvatore.

"Elijah I came here for my family as did you and this town I'd just filed with constant problems and enemies , you and your sibling including. I can't think about that right now and honestly I don't think I want to. The thought of having someone there to think about and to care for doesn't appeal to me and I don't know if it ever will." Ava finishes.

The line goes silent and even I pin drop could be heard the suddenly the mikaelsons voice speaks up once aging.

"If you think it's going to be that easy to just dismiss me Avangaline the you are wrong. Only a few times have I felt this feeling when just one glance and I know that they already have my heart. If that means I will have to wait for you I will, no mater how long it takes.

"Well then get ready for monumental disappointment Elijah" Ava speaks and ends the phone call.

She knows she isn't the right person to be in a relationship. She is selfish and puts her wants and needs In front of others except when it comes to her family. But she can't help but have a feeling in the back of her mind like she has just make one of her biggest regrets she will have.

————————————-

"Why are you in such a good mood?"Ava heard Stefan say to Damon from outside the house.

"You know what Stefan, I make the world a better place. Restoring bridges, landmarks and historical signs made of the same white oak from the wickery bridge" Damon answers his brother smugly.

God Ava thought to herself on top of everything else now they have a weapon that could actually kill and original and she has no doubt that they will use it.

"They think all the wood burnt?" Stefan commented the Damon.

"We have a weapon , games back on brother"

Game on indeed Ava thought. She realises now might be a good time to reveal what she knows about the repercussions of killing an original or else someone will end up dead.

Thank you for reading 🤍
Please vote and comment ❤️