Ad Astra x Child Reader

Requested by XCrsytalXCC

Btw, I'm cutting Julia's read time short since idk her very well.
-----------------------------
You were a very humble child, which is why you never told anyone about your friendship with the famous Rozetta Pierre.

Well, not that anyone would believe an "attention-seeking" child anyways. Your parents really don't talk to you, and your friends are just there when they really aren't.

You looked up to Rozetta like a sister. Not because she's your local celebrity. Yes, her career is interesting as hell, but it's her, individually.

As for her, you're a very mature kid for your age, and you match her energy.

Unknowing to your parents, you usually spend the day hanging out with her, whether she's working or relaxing. She was your only actual friend after all.

Today, she was supposedly taking you to meet her team, Ad Astra. Mostly because she wanted to brag to you on what it's like being in charge, also to show you her biggest plan yet. Not like you would tell anyone else anyways. Hopefully.

You've exited your house, without a word from your parents, since they don't care, waiting for the arrival of your blue haired friend.

Perfect, since she's on time. You approached her, greeting her with a smile. "Hey, kiddo! Ready to meet my group?" She bent over to your height.

"Of course! Who's in it?" You asked. Rozetta thought about the answer. A former CEO, mayor, news reporter, a wealthy psychopath. "Uhh, you'll be surprised." She said, slightly unsure.

---Time Skip to the Ad Astra base, since the author does not know how to make a car ride scene---

You've arrived at Ad Astra's base. It looks a bit secretive, but you're not too concerned. Rozetta lead you in, showing you what's what, and eventually who's who, starting with an approaching familiar man.

As soon as you saw this man, you just think of CCN. It's no one other than Louis Leroux!

"Hey Rozetta...why did you bring a child here?" He asked in a nervous tone, gesturing towards you. "Y/n, I'm sure you know your friendly CCN news reporter, Louis. Right?" Rozetta ignored his question.

"Of course, my school is obsess with CCN." You smirked. "Louis, this is my young friend, Y/n L/n. She's very trustworthy." You were too busy being cheerful, to realize Rozetta was staring a threat at the local new reporter.

"Uh, okay, nice to meet you, Y/n!" He greeted you back, before backing off from you two. "If you think that I'm only just friends with the local news reporter, wait until you see someone else!" Rozetta said, her tone marked with pride.

Continuing down the hallway, Rozetta bragging, you still eyeing around, the two of you bumped into a pretty, blond woman. "Oh, hey Julia! I have someone I want you to meet." Rozetta smiled at her, stepping out of the way, revealing you, a small child.

"Aww, she's cute! Who is she?" The compliment from Julia warmed you. "She's just a little friend! I wanted to introduce you guys to her." Rozetta patted your head.

A brief conversation went on between them, and you weren't paying attention. You caught someone else in your eyes.

Another familiar man, with black, long hair, and brown skin. Is that the mayor?!

"Y/n, whatcha looking at?" Rozetta said in a playful tone. She got finished talking with Julia, seeing the bright clothing donning woman was walking away.

"Is it me, or does he look like Mayor Joe Warren?" You pointed at the man. You heard your older friend giggle, before she dragged you towards where he was.

Wait! I'm not ready to meet the mayor! I'm dressed like some Fortnite streamer waiting for an event countdown to end!

"Joe!" Rozetta called, making the man look up at her, then down to you. "Ms. Pierre, I didn't know you had a little sister!" The mayor crouched down to your height, giving you a calm, greeting smile.

"That's because I don't have one." Rozetta rolled her eyes. "This is Y/n, I'm introducing her to everyone. She met Louis already, now what about the mayor of Grimsbourough?"

"Wow, your friends with the mayor?!" You asked, very shocked. "Why do I now know this?"

"That's...a story for another time." Rozetta responded. "Wait, she's meeting everyone. So, does that mean she's meeting-"

"Don't worry! I wouldn't want that psychopath bothering her." Clueless, of who they were talking about, you were a little bit suspicious. There's someone that Rozetta didn't want you to meet. Are they not an Ad Astran? Do they not like kids? Who are they?

You zoned out again, not knowing Joe gone back to what he was doing. "Well, girly, you met the mayor? How do you feel?" You felt Rozetta's hand on your back. "Pretty cool. Very, very cool! But, who's the psychopath?"

"Pfft, don't worry about them." She scoffed. "Let's go to my office! My VR is up there!" She lead you once again.

---Another Time Skip brought to you by Rita arm wrestling Jonah, behind the scene...she is winning---

It feels like an hour since you've been in Rozetta's office, mostly you playing her VR before just sitting down talking to her, enjoying the time with her. The feeling was mutual with her.

All of a sudden, her office doorway opened without a knock. You turned around to see a tall, handsome man, who looked like he never gave a care in the world.

"Well, rumors had it. I didn't know it was bring your kid to work day." He mocked. "Who's this?" You looked at Rozetta. Her black eyes looked at yours before looking at his, ignoring your question.

"Christian. This isn't my kid. You're really not funny." Rozetta stated. "Wait, it's bring your kid to work day, and you brought a kid that isn't yours?" You couldn't help but snicker at his comment.

He noticed this, and was slightly encouraged. "And everyone calls me the psychopath."

"Y/n, don't laugh. It'll encourage him!" Rozetta gritted her teeth. Christian stepped towards you, carrying a smug grin. "But, Y/n, you can't tell me this woman is insane for bringing someone else's kid to work. I'm pretty sure that's not how it works." The unknown man said in your ear out loud.

"You match my humor." You told him. Before he could respond, he was pulled away from you by Rozetta, and pushed out the office. "Okay, Y/n, this is Christian, I hope you don't know who that is, but this is the first and last time you'll ever meet him. Nice to see you Christian, goodbye!" Rozetta said all in one breath, closing the door behind him.

"Christian's funny!" You chuckled. "Yeah, wait until you find out who he is." Rozetta mumbled.

You only shrugged before noticing the sunset outside, deciding it was a good time to go back home.

"Rozetta. Do you think I can come back tomorrow?" You asked, sad that you had to leave now.

"Oh, time already, huh? Of course you can come back tomorrow! Everyone seems to enjoy you...even Christian and that's kinda rare." Rozetta informed.

"Okay then. Tomorrow!" You smiled at her. She smiled back, taking you hand and guiding you outside, passing by everyone you met whom smiled at you...Rozetta held you close when you walked passed Christian.
-----------------------------
Word count 1235

Finished 5:33 a.m. Idk the actual plot, so I just made it up. This was my third attempt, but this was kinda fun considering I'm stanning Joe and Christian. Goodnight for me now.