(S5)David Jones x Reader

Requested by misskittycheshire14

(my lord, there's a lot of Jones simps out here)
-----------------------------
Jones with Zoe. Yes, that's cool, I guess. Just as I thought he didn't move on without me.

Jones and you used to be such lovers, right until you moved away for career purposes. You still felt the emotions that were freed when you reunited with the same, romantic face. Only, you two remained friends since then.

Even if it wasn't a mutual feeling, you gained romantic interest in Jones again. There were times Jones seemed interested, but you really weren't sure.

But now, you really know. He had another girlfriend, and the new couple looked better than your relationship with him.

As much as you were trying to remind yourself how great it is for your David to be happy where he is, everything hurt.

Your tears stained the file you were supposed to fill out in your office, but you were too sore to care.

"Y/n." You heard your door open. You only quickly wiped your tears and put a smile on your face before turning to whoever entered your office without even knocking. It was Jones.

"Oh, hey David. How's Zoe?" You asked within a calm voice. Jones didn't respond. His face looked at you with such sympathy. "Y/n. I've known you for a long time. Please don't pull the fake smile on me."

You let out a soft chuckle. He speaks the truth. "Fine. What do you want?" You asked in a cold tone, trying to not tear up in front of your ex. "To talk."

Oh boy, here we go.

You stood from your chair and crossed your arms, indicating to him he has all your attention.

"Look, I know it's pretty hard for you that I'm with Zoe now, but that doesn't mean I stopped loving you." Jones said, looking right at your dull, e/c, eyes.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better. Honestly, if you're happy, then I'm happy. You don't need to comfort me." You scoffed, looking away.

Jones stepped towards you and grabbed your shoulders. "Y/n, listen. I want you to know, you're always special to me. And if anything happens to my relationship to Zoe, maybe we can reconsider things?"

"Sure. You can come to me whenever." You slightly smiled. Out of the blues, Jones kissed you. For the first few seconds, you sinked into the same paradise as years ago, but then you pushed him away.

"David?" You raised an eyebrow. "Oh, sorry...I thought that would make you feel better." He chuckles nervously, brushing his spiky hair with his right hand.

"Heh. It did." You said in a flirtous tone. "Umm, I better get going. I need to get back to Zoe." Jones turned around and walked off. Before he fully exited the room he turned towards you. "Don't ever forget, I still love you." He reminded.

"I love you too." You said in a sad, weak voice.

What if his relationship with Zoe last forever? Then what does that mean to me?

You wondered to yourself, completely unaware of Zoe's future.
-----------------------------
Sorry to make this one short, but I wanted to get it done before I end up going MIA for the weekend.

As for in general, I'll come back on Wednesday. Have a nice weekend:)