Duncan Young x Reader

Requested by meee23074677

This and the next oneshot is before his incident fyi...
-----------------------------
"And that's why Amy could never have that much sugar again!" Duncqn said, finished telling you an amusing story of what happened when him and his sister were young.

You laughed at his story, since it was indeed funny. "Duncan, you're funny!" You wiped a tear, catching a breath. Duncan was more than just a co-worker to you. He was a very good friend. Is it possible that you both can move up a level? Maybe.

The two of you were enjoying each other's company, right before your phone rung. As you checked who it is, you felt a part of your joy drop. Why is Mom calling me?

"Hold on, Duncan, I got a call." You smiled at the blond man. He watched you walk out the building, remaining at his spot awaiting your return.

Walking outside, the night sky was beautiful, unlike the tone you're about to get from your mother. You took a deep breath before swiping the green button.

"Hello-" You tried to calmly greet, but not even when you get to finish, you get the unpleasant, loud voice. "Y/n L/n! I want you home by 20 minutes! The house needs to be cleaned!"

"20 minutes?! Mom, you know it takes me more than minutes to drive home! In plus, my shift isn't close to being over!" You explained, partially annoyed at your mom's expectations. "I didn't ask that? Do you want me to kick you out of this house?"

Yes, you still lived at your parents' home. But it's not that you're too lazy, you just barely make a lot. Doesn't stop your parents from being so angry with you.

"Fine. Just give me extra time to go home. Please." You faked your calm tone. "Okay. Bye." Your mom only replied before hanging up.

You let out a frustrated sigh, sitting down on the concrete, face to your knees. As soon as I have enough for at least an apartment, I would have the last laugh.

You knew you should be in your car right now, but you were too over it. Your parents would probably be asleep if you came home anyways.

Too busy reevaluating your life, Duncan exited the building and sat next to you. You felt him right beside you, and you looked up at him.

"What's wrong?" He asked with a comforting smile. "Nothing. Just my mom loving me." You said with an amount of sarcasm. "...Are they just strict or...?"

"Just strict." You informed. "You're not alone. I have a strict parent." "Oh yeah? How?

"Hmm, let's see... Berates me and Amy about how dangerous our job is. Mostly yells at Amy, telling her about how her friends are a bad influence to her." Duncan explained.

"All I need to do is get more money, then I can move out of their house to get away forever." You explained your personal mission.

Duncan's face lightened up as if he had an idea, which he did. "I have an idea," You looked at him, waiting for him to spill it. "Maybe you can move in with me?"

You thought about it, but it actually seemed like a great idea. "If you're okay with that? I suppose I can be your roommate until I get enough for an apartment." You smiled at him.

You could've sworn, you saw him blush. "Well, take whatever time you need." You giggled, elbowing him playfully before standing up.

"Alright. I gotta get going before my mom spam calls me again. I'll see you tomorrow, Duncan."

"Okay! I-I'll see you to too!" He said, blushing more. He watched, a bit sadly, as you entered your car and drove off.

Nevertheless to say, he's excited to hear your acceptance of his request.
-----------------------------
I'm still a district behind