Chapter 49

BRIONNA P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and I was so tired. I felt everything in me drained. I looked around to see I was in a hospital. I knew my life was over, I just had knew it was. I can just remember laying on my kitchen floor for so long, before my neighbor had came over to check on me.

I tried to sit up to press the call light button on the remote next to my bed to get a nurse. All I wanted was my husband.

Oh your woke! A nurse smiled as she came into the room.

Can you call my husband?

Sure! How are you feeling?

I'm okay for now just call him please.

Okay. She reached over my head to turn the call light off and walked out the room. I looked out the window across from my bed. I didn't wanna know if I lost my baby or not. I didn't wanna deal with the heart break this was gonna bring on me.

The door opened and James came in. I sat up to hug him tightly and I just started bawling my eyes out. He scooped me up and put me in his lap. "I'm here! I'm here!" He whispered in my ear. I could hear his heart beating fast as I laid my head on his chest and cried. He stroked my hair back and held me tightly.

Nothing in this world mattered more to me then this moment right here.

Look at me! He lifted my chin up and wiped my tears with his shirt. "Whoever did this....(he took a deep breath and licked his lips.) Ima make 'em pay, fa sho!"

I just wanna go home and just get away for a while....

You can't....couple more days Ight. You lost a lot of blood and coded a few times you gotta sit down for a bit. Plus they wanna monitor the baby a lil while longer...

I'm still pregnant?

Yeah! She's a fighter....I mean w if it's a girl she's a fighter like her mama.

Oh God! I started sobbing even more. I felt this huge sigh of relief come over me. I felt like I could breathe! Oh my God my baby! God really was protecting us!