Chapter 24

I woke up on a white bed. My eyes fluttered open and I groggily took in my surroundings. Groaning, I tried to sit up. Where was I? I remembered the barbies and them beating me up. Vague memories of me calling someone flooded my brain. Who did I call? I couldn't remember.

"Is anyone there?" I croaked.

The sound of footsteps hurrying closer met my ears. I squinted as the face of the school's nurse came into view. She was a very pretty lady with dark brown hair and grey eyes. Her hair was in a neat ponytail. She frowned in concern. "Are you alright? Does it hurt here?" She asked as she pressed different parts of my body.

I shook my head for everything until she pressed my left wrist. "Oww." I yelped in pain.

The nurse's frown became deeper. She felt my wrist, while I winced in pain. "It's just a sprain don't worry." She said as she reached into a drawer and pulled out a roll of bandage. She began to wrap it around my wrist and part of my hand. Soon she was done. "Can you sit up?" She asked. "I'll go get ice."

Nodding, I forced myself into an upright position. The nurse came back with a pack of ice. "Here, hold it to you cheek. It'll reduce the swelling." I held the ice to my face, wincing slightly at the initial pain. I sighed in content as the ice started to numb the pain.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

I looked at her before giving the revised version of what happened. "It's nothing. Just a bunch of idiots out on a bullying spree." I mumbled.

The nurse nodded, seeming to understand that I didn't want to talk about it. "Alright then, you can leave at the end of school. But keep ice on that cheek." She was about to get up and leave when I caught her arm. The nurse looked at me questioningly.

"Nurse Santiago, do you, by any chance, know how I ended up here?"

She bit her lip, turning fully to answer me. "Um, I'm afraid I can't tell you that." She hesitated. "The person who brought you here doesn't want their identity revealed."

"Why?"

"I don't know." She smiled slightly. "Just know that he's a hero." She said, letting the gender of the mysterious person slip. She didn't seem to notice though. She was too wrapped up in her thoughts.

"Okay," I nodded. "Thank you anyways."

She smiled at me, leaving to go about her business. I'll find out who brought me here on my own. In fact I had a very good guess as to who it was.

*****

"Luke." I said, storming into his empty classroom.

He looked up from his work, a slight frown evident. "How can I help you Ms Montgomery?"

I stood in front of him, my hands on my hips. "Why would you just dump me in the infirmary?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh cut the crap, Luke. I know it was you."

"What? What did I do now?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You can't deny it. It's on my call log. Proof that I called you."

"Listen," he paused, "I have no idea what you're on about. Why don't you just tell me what happened?"

I sighed, realizing he wouldn't give in so easily. I was starting to tell him, when my phone ringing cut me off. I reached for my phone and answered the call without looking at who it was. "Hello?"

"Sienna? Where are you?" Troy's voice asked over the phone.

"Troy?" I was momentarily confused. "Oh my gosh, I was supposed to meet you after school!"

"Yeah, no shit." He muttered. "Where are you?"

I bit down on my lip and looked at Luke. He was looking at me expectantly. "Actually, I have to meet up with Mr Fields for extra help."

"Really? Since when did you need extra help?"

"It's just this question I didn't understand Troy. Look, I'll meet you later at the dojo okay?"

I heard Troy sigh. "Sure babe, I'll see you then."

"Great, thanks, bye." I gushed, quickly hanging up.

Luke snorted, not looking up from his work. "You have a question in psychology?" He put his pen down and looked at me. "Sienna, you get straight As in this class. You're my highest scoring student." He leaned forward. "So what is this really about?"

"Luke, you know what this is about. Don't toy with me." I stomped my foot like an immature child. "Why can't you just tell me if you were the one to dump me at the infirmary or not?"

"Look Sienna, I don't have time for this. I've got to go." He stood up, pushing his chair back.

"Go? Go where?"

"If you must know, I have a date tonight." He grabbed the coat that was hanging on his chair, slipping into it.

"You have a date?" I asked, disbelief evident in my voice. "Since when do you date?"

"Since you didn't make the choice, Sienna." He turned to look at me. "I decided I can't wait for you forever."

"Wha-I-I-I mean, you don't-" I stuttered. Shaking my head, I tried again. "You have a date?"

"Why is that so hard to believe?"

"Y-You said you'd never give up on me." I was still in shock.

"Did you really think I would wait for you forever?" Luke asked, his face void of any emotion.

"Well, not forever, but-"

"Why is this such a surprise?"

"It's not, it's just unexpected is all." I said, my eyes downcast.

"Well," Luke stepped closer to me. "I think you don't want me to go on that date."

"What?" My head shot up in surprise. Luke's face was so close. My eyes widened, my mouth opened and shut like a fish. I could feel my cheeks heating up. His face came closer and closer. His breath fanning across my face. "You can go on that date. I really don't care." I mumbled

"Let me tell you something." He paused, his eyes searching mine. "I'm making the choice for you. Stick with your little blond boy toy. Because I am done with teenagers."

I was stunned. Words could not express how I was feeling. I felt like we were breaking up. But then, we were never together in the first place. My heart felt heavy. At the same time, I was pissed off. That emotion quickly rose and eradicated everything else I was feeling.

Luke turned and started to walk away from me. Pissed off, I spoke my mind. "Yeah? Well go on Luke. Leave. Leave like you did before. Troy is so much better anyway." I ran my hand through my hair, continuing to shout at his back. "Oh, remember, I was the one who wanted to stay away from you. I'm the one winning in all this. I've won this breakup."

When Luke got to the door, he turned, facing me. His eyes looked sad. For the first time I noticed the bags under his eyes and his dishelved hair. Squinting, I could make out the spot of blood on his white shirt. "Goodbye Sienna." He sighed.

Why was there blood on his shirt? More importantly, why did I get the feeling that there was so much more to his goodbye?

Sighing, I trudged towards the door and made my way outside the classroom. There was no sign of Luke. He was out of my life for good. That should make me happy. But then, why did I feel so much pain?

*** C'mon Sienna, woman up. Oh yeah, please Vote and comment guys! ***