Chapter 27

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked Luke, nervously rubbing my arm. We had gone to his classroom since I had him first period. Luke sat on the edge of his table, facing me.

He crossed his arms over his chest, frowning at me. "I just wanted to talk to you about your essay."

I was incredulous. "My essay? Why? There was nothing wrong with my essay? Is this really why you wanted to talk to me? Or is it just because you couldn't handle seeing me and Troy kiss?"

Luke's jaw tightened at the mention of Troy and I kissing. I smirked, knowing I had struck a nerve.

"This has nothing to do with that. I really just want to talk to you about your essay." He said, calmly.

I frowned at him. "Really? Well I don't want to talk to you about that." I crossed my arms over my chest in defiance. "Instead, why don't you tell me about your date?"

A small smirk tugged at his lips. "My date? Why are you so keen to hear about that?"

"I-I'm not. I'm just curious." I said nonchalantly.

"Mm hmm, sure you are." His lips tugged up. "But since you're so interested, I'll tell you this; it was pretty good."

I frowned at him."Wha-" I started to say before a female voice cut me off.

"Luke." She gushed, coming in through the door. "I had such fun last night."

I turned my head knowing that this was Luke's date. My eyes widened in surprise as I saw Nurse Santiago walk in. she smiled broadly at Luke as she reached us. Throwing her arms around him, she planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey Stella." He smiled happily.

I sat there on the desk watching them together. My stomach twisted in discomfort of their closeness.

"Oh, hey there Sienna." She smiled at me. "How are you doing now?" She asked, seeming genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine." I managed to say; I bit my tongue before I could say anything else.

"Good, good." She smiled at me briefly before turning back to Luke. He brought his head closer to hers, kissing her right in front of me. Wasn't there a rule against teachers' PDA?

Thoroughly uncomfortable, I got up and walked to the back of the class. I plopped onto my seat and brought my phone out. Scrolling through my contact list, I stopped at Caleb. He was slowly starting to take Ash's place as my go-to person. Of course, nothing or no one could ever replace Ash. I opened up a new text to and quickly typed in:

'Luke's a dick.'

I clicked the send icon and waited for it to deliver. Surreptitiously, I glanced at Nurse Sanchez and Luke. They were still there making out.

Sighing, I looked back at my phone, willing Caleb to reply. My phone vibrated in my hands and a smile crept on to my lips. I quickly unlocked my phone. It was from an unknown number. A frown replaced my smile. I slowly opened up the message and read it.

'Hey Sienna. I heard you were in delinquent school. How's that working out for you? I'll come see you when they let me out of the hospital. xx
- Caesar'

I stared dumbly at my phone. Caesar was awake. A small smile slowly crept it's way onto my face. I rapidly responded to his text message.

'You're awake?! Ohmygosh Caesar! How are you? I'm so sorry I couldn't be there by your side. But, you know, the court.'

I sent the message and leaned back in my chair. I was happy. That is until I saw Luke and Nurse Santiago acting in love in front of me. Luke saw me looking and smirked at me. He moved in to kiss Stella. He knew I was watching.