Chapter 9

*** Hi guys. Thanks for being awesome ! :) Happy Easter to all and to all a Happy Easter. ***

As I walked back, in what I assumed was the direction of the apartment building, I was getting more and more angry. I had thought walking away would make me feel better, but I was sadly mistaken. My eyes started tearing up and I could hardly see in front of me. I hugged myself trying to warm my arms as the chilly breeze nipped at me. Just as I was about to give up trying to figure out where I was, a car honked. It startled me out of my thoughts. I didn't dare look behind me. Instead, I kept walking. I quickly wiped my eyes, hoping to make it less obvious that I had been crying. The car honked again and came to a stop beside me. I looked at the car, trying to inconspicuously peer inside to see who it was.

The door to the passenger's side popped open. I jumped a little, in shock. A face came into view. It was Luke. He smiled at me, "Hey Sienna, hop in."

"Luke?" I asked incredulous.

"The one and only."

"What are you doing here?"

"Look, do you want to get in first? We can discuss all this later."

I hesitated. I was trying to keep my distance from Luke. If I got in the car, it would be harder to avoid him. It would be just me and Luke.

Alone.

In a car.

That didn't sound like a good idea. On the other hand, I was tired of walking. Plus I had no sense of direction whatsoever at the moment. Weighing my options, I decided that I would just have to risk it. "Okay." I moved closer to the car and slid in as gracefully as I could manage, closing the door after me.

"Hey." Luke said, smiling.

I smiled tightly back at him. "So what are you doing here?" I asked directly.

He looked at me, concerned, completely ignoring my previous question. "Have you been crying?"

"Um." I tried to hurriedly think of an excuse. "No." I lied.

Luke shot me a flat look as he turned the key in the ignition. "Sienna, you can't lie to me, I know you." The engine roared to life and he took off down the street. "Whenever you lie, you lick your lips. So, don't make me ask you again."

I bit my lower lip, frustrated. How could he still know me so well?

"Sienna." His tone was warning.

He was starting to say something, when I cut him off. "Why do you want to know so much?"

"Because." He twisted the steering wheel and flicked the indicator light on. "I want you to know that no one can hurt you with my knowledge and get away with it. It really pisses me off when I see you upset Sienna. It might not look like I care because I've caused you so much pain, but honestly I do care."

I was stunned.

Speechless in fact. I didn't expect him to say that.

"Sienna, say something."

"Uh.." Not knowing how to respond, I did the next best thing, or maybe worst. It depends on how you look at it. I leaned over the gap between our two seats, planting a kiss on Luke's cheek. "Thank you, for telling me that Luke. It means a lot."

Shocked, Luke didn't respond for a while. Eventually he spoke, "You're welcome Sienna."

After that an awkward silence hung in the air. I gazed at my reflection in the window. I could see my green eyes bright, a faint blush spread over my cheeks. A smile crept up to my lips.