~~ 49. ~~

*A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt*

              Demilade walked into the room he share with Lola. He was rubbing a towel on his hair drying the water on it. He and his friend just finished swimming in the sea before going to take a shower and then returning home. He stopped on the pouch to talk with his mother and grandmother outside the beach house.

             He got inside the room and Lola was sleeping. A book was open beside her with her hands on it. He chuckled at the sight. It looked like she had slept off while she was reading.

            Then his eyes moved down to her body. And he saw what she was wearing. She seems to be wearing a gown but it was short. It reveals her long smooth leg. It bought back memories of the kitchen at his mansion. He still remembers the feel of her body on his hand and he wishes he could touch them again. He could feel his manhood throb with lust just from staring at her body. Her hands, her neckline, her leg even her sleeping face. There were having a strong effect on him.

             He groaned and threw the towel in his hand in a laundry basket and he left the room.

           It had been hard sharing the same room with Lola. But what was he to tell his mother and grandmother? They weren't kids that can't share the same room. But Lola wasn't making him think straight. He had planned on forgetting about the stupid feelings he was developing since she had agreed that the kiss they shared was a mistake. But it was becoming so hard denying it. Lola wasn't making it easier either.

            Her scent, her body, the way she talks everything just seems to affect him. It felt like choking. The feeling is just so unexplainable.

             He was clearly avoiding her. He hardly stays in the room. He talked less with her. He knew she would be gone soon and he don't want to create any more connections or memories with her. So he did well to stay away from her.

             He went to his library. A place that had been his second room since they came to the beach house. He took a book from the reading table and sat down to read. But his mind wasn't on the book. He couldn't focus on what he was reading. He was reading a page over and over again without understanding the context. It wasn't helping. Lola's face keeps popping up in his head. That smile, the way she talks, her face keeps invading his thoughts.

            He knows what he is feeling is more than lust. It won't fade away even if he goes to bed with Lola. He had thought maybe if he had touched her all the feelings will go away and he won't think about her anymore. She won't fascinate him anymore. But that didn't even work after the kiss they shared. It's like he wants more of her. Something he couldn't even get.

             He never bargains for this. It was supposed to be a contract with no feelings attached and when the deal ends, everyone will go their separate ways. But now, he even prolonged the deal, he made her agree to stay longer than planned.

            He sat there thinking for a long while until a call came in from his office. Later on, he stood up and left the room. It was already dark outside and it seems everyone had retired to their room.

          He went outside to swim in the swimming pool hoping it will help relieve some nerves.

§§§§§

                Lola sat up making a video call with her brother and the twins. When she had ended the call. She went to the bathroom to shower and then change into her night robe. She stood in front of the glass wall staring outside at the dark sea. Everywhere was quiet except for the occasional noise of the water hitting the land and the waves. And also the breeze of the night. It was quiet with the light from the bulb lighting up the surrounding.