~~ 24. ~~

*When you stop fighting, you stop living. We all need that thing that is worth fighting for. Maybe it is a certain someone or a special place, maybe just an idea. So find your fight and fight like hell, 'till your battle is won. - ONE TREE HILL*

Day 17 continues...

          Demilade returned home exhausted from the meeting and visits to warehouses and the current site which his company is working on.

          Deborah came to take his bag as usual.

"Is Lola still here?" He asked as he loosen his tie.

         She seems a little surprised to hear him ask about Lola. He doesn't usually ask about her.

"Yes. She had been up in her room all day. She didn't even come down to eat." She answered.

        He sighed with relief.

"Okay. Thanks."

            She nodded and walked away to set the table for his meal.

           He was glad she was still around. Since she wasn't gone, he knew she had changed her mind about leaving.

           But he was too tired to go up to her room. Whatever he has to do or say will have to wait till the next day.

         He rested his head on the armchair and close his eyes. He was tired and confused. He felt like he has a responsibility that he hasn't fulfilled.

§§§§§

Day 18

              Lola woke up with her hair in all directions and her face puffy. She knew she look miserable. But she can't let the words of some dumbass make her feel low.

             She knew she is better than that. She doesn't need his commendation to feel high. She doesn't need his praise. She had been better without him.

            It was just that she had never been talked to like that. She had never heard such demeaning words about her before. And it hurt. It hurt not because she hadn't been talked to like that before. But it hurt because it felt like she heard it from her friend or blood.

             But if she was going to keep staying in the house, under the same roof with Demilade and prevent her father from knowing about it, she had to move on from what happened. She had to let it pass.

             She looked up at the wall clock it was past nine in the morning. She removed the comforter around her and climbed down from the bed. She went to the closet where she folded her clothes. She picked a random cloth from the cupboard and dropped it on the bed before she pulled on the nightwear that she had worn since the afternoon of the previous day.

            She took a towel and wrapped it around herself before entering the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and untied the towel around her to bathe.

              Demilade woke up quite late. He was too tired to go to work early. The first thing he did was text Fareed and Uche, his secretary that he would be coming late to work.

            He read for half an hour before going back to bed. By the time he woke up, it was eight-thirty in the morning. He took his bath and went to his email to check the messages that Uche might have sent to him for him to read and survey.