~~ 69. ~~

*When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower....  - Taylor Swift*

Hours after Daniel had given Lola their mother's phone number and tried to convince her more about why she should talk to her, she finally decided to call the number.

She keyed the number into her phone and stared at it for a while before she tap the dial key on the phone.

It was on the fifth ring that the receiver answered the call.

"Hello. Good evening." She greeted the receiver on the other end of the phone.

"Good evening." A very calm elderly woman's voice came on the phone. A strange but very familiar voice.

§§§§§

Lola sat with her friends in her compound under the moonlight. So were her family and other members of the building. It was a full moon and everyone decided to sit outside and talk about the day's events and other matters.

Parents were talking inaudibly with each other at a different locations in the compound. Some children are playing around the compound and they got cautioned once or twice by the adult when they are running too fast.

Her friends have been around all evening and they've been talking about everything and nothing. At that moment, they were talking about their school life. David was talking about something some girls do while at school. Even Ibukun who doesn't attend university was talking like she had been there. Although, she knew more than those who attends university. She has friends and siblings there. It was her choice not to further her studies. She was okay with working.

She was half listening to them. Her mind was somewhere else. She was consumed by her own thoughts.

"Lola, what's wrong? You dey too quiet." Ada said and they all turned to look in her direction.

"Are you okay? David asked with concern. And she nodded.

"Yes, I am fine. I'm listening to what you guys are saying." She lied. She wasn't concentrating on what they were saying.

Her thoughts were far away. She had a lot on her mind. First was her mother whom she had spoken with earlier in the evening. Strangely as it sounds, she felt glad and at peace. It's like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders after she talked with her.

There was a way she felt, hearing her voice again. And those concerns, worry, and guilt in her voice and the excitement after gave a serene feeling. And that is why she had agreed to meet her the following day. She could tell she was more excited about it than she was. Her tone said it all. 

And then was her stubborn handsome boyfriend. She missed him. His voice, his laughter, his small jokes, his woodsy scent, his chuckles, his familiar expensive cologne. She missed everything about him. And it was making her seem crazy in the head.

He still hasn't called her. Although she had decided not to call him again but instead wait until he was ready to. But it didn't stop the fact that she missed him terribly. It was so hard not hearing his voice, his laughter and not seeing his face.

It hurt more than she thinks it will.

"Don't worry, you will also be in school soon," David said quietly to her. And she forced a smile at him, nodding.

She noticed Ibukun gave her a look before she went back to her discussion.

She looked at her phone that was on her thigh. That has become her new hobby since she left Demilade's house.