~~ 31. ~~

*Sooner or later, we all choose a path. Sometimes you never look back, sometimes life forces you to. - ONE TREE HILL. *

Dedicated To All My Readers Including The Ghost Readers.

Day 22

           Lola had slept till ten in the morning and the house was eerily quiet. She knew Demilade had left for work but she didn't know when he left.

            She remembered how amazing their weekend had been. If someone had told her Demilade could be so sweet she wouldn't have believed it. He showed her a different side of him during the weekend.

            And another thing dawned on her. Their meeting with his ex-girlfriend who extorts money from him. She hoped he had forgotten about her. Somehow she felt for him and she wished he had forgotten about it. She doesn't want him to be hurt. He had hurt her feeling a few times but it doesn't change how she is feeling. She wished to surprise him a little that day. She thought of things that she could do to make him happy and which would be a surprise.

         It takes a few minutes before she could come up with something. Then she smiled at herself and she set to work to carry out her idea.

           When she was done, she browse the location of his company headquarters. It was a far distance from the house but it was easy to locate.

          She half expected a car to be parked outside the house to pick her up. And she shake her head at the thought. She was getting too used to all this fake life which she is enjoying at Demilade, the billionaire house.

          Sometimes, deep down she wishes the deal never ends.

         But that is never gonna happen. She has just ten days and she will receive her money and will be going back home.

         She exhaled loudly and headed toward the gate where jubril and the other security guy were sitting talking about sports.

"Where are you going? Oga no used car carry you? (Boss, did the boss use his car to take you to where you are going?)" He asked in pidgin English.

"No. He is not around. I will be back soon." She said to him and she excused herself and left the compound.

          She doesn't have much money with her but she still tries to take an uber to his company.

          On her way, she thought about how Demilade will feel about her surprise. How he is going to react? She wishes he will be surprised about it. And for him to like her surprise. She doesn't have doubts that he will hate it. She hopes he doesn't pretend to like it. He was so used to pretending he doesn't care when he does care inside. And she hates it so much when he does that.

            She had begun to fall for that other side of him. It was just a few days that he had let his guard down around her and tries to be nice but she was already getting attracted to that other man.

           It would have been a big lie if she says otherwise. She knows she wasn't supposed to feel no matter what. She is different from Demilade. He is a billionaire and after the deal, he wouldn't want to have anything with the daughter of his driver.

           It's just a short time she knew him. They might not share the same bed or room but she sees him wake up every morning. She has dinner with him sometimes. She experiences his constant mood swing, and become friends with his mother. All these made her have another thought of him. She thought of him differently from the first rude man with the constant smirk and pride on his face. She was beginning to like the man she is growing to know.