~~ 2.~~

*Mama told me that, sometimes people have to cry out all their tears, to make room for a heart full of smiles. - ONE TREE HILL. *

Demilade walked out of the three hours meeting he had been in since early that morning. His secretary and two bodyguards followed behind him quietly.

He looked at his wristwatch and realized he was running late for where he was going. He heaved a sigh and took the elevator to the underground park.

He turned to his secretary and his guards. "You can all leave early today. We will meet tomorrow at the office." He said to them when he got to where his car was been parked.

"Thank you, sir." They chorused.

"Don't forget to make the call to Donald's Uche." He said to his secretary before entering his car.

She nodded. "I won't sir. Good day sir." He nodded from the car before the driver drove out of the park leaving Uche and the two huge men.

He hardly takes his bodyguards around with him. He only does that when it was very important. Or he was going to an occasion that he needed to protect himself. He did not find it necessary to take bodyguards around all the time.

"Go to Muritala Mohammed Airport." Demilade ordered his driver as he drove out of the building.

"Alright, sir." The elderly driver replied.

His phone rings and he answered the call.

And there he was making phone calls till they got to the airport. He turned off his business phone after the last call and he got down from the car. He walked to the lobby.

His mother, Mrs Jolaoluwa was the first to sight him from afar and she waved at him. He strode toward her and her two bodyguards who were standing beside her.

"Good afternoon mom." He greeted his mother.

"Good afternoon dear." She replied with a broad smile.

"Good afternoon boss." The two bodyguards greeted him. He replied with a small smile. The two men were his first bodyguards and were also his friends. He trusted them very much so he asked them to watch his mother too.

"Grandmom, isn't here yet?" He asked rhetorically. "I thought I was late." He said looking at his watch.

"You have forgotten when your grandmother will be arriving." Mrs Jolaoluwa said. He shrugged. "Don't tell me you are returning to the office?" His mother said and her two bodyguards beside her tried to suppress a smile. They knew him very well. They knew he was a workaholic. And they knew it was one of the reasons for the argument between mother and son.

He grimaced. "Of course not mom."

"Better." She said in relief. She sounded pleased to know that. She knew there was little she could do to stop him if he wanted to return to work.

While they were still talking, an old woman approached them. She looked so much like her daughter. She was wearing a trouser and a beautiful light blouse with a long cream coat. She wore cream colour heels and black sunglass.

Demilade smiled at his grandmother's choice of dressing. She loves fashion. Clothes, bags, and shoes were her lovers.

Just like his mother, they were both looking younger than their age. The old woman still looks agile and strong. She can do a lot of things some women her age couldn't.

His mother and the guards were the first to say their greeting. She finally noticed him when they had finished greeting her. She looked a little taken aback. She wasn't expecting him to come to the airport. She knew how much he values his time and his work.

"Demmy?" She said removing her sunglass.

"Grams." He grinned at her. She embraced him looking very pleased and glad to see him.

She seemed shorter than he remembered and it made his smile grow wider. No matter the small face, and all the heels they could deny the fact that she was not getting younger. He thought to himself.

"I miss you Grams." He said sincerely.

"I miss you more." She said patting him on his back.

"Grams, you are choking me." He said. He was surprised at her strength.

She pulled away gently and looked at him. She swatted him on the arm playfully and his smile grew wider. He really missed her.

Unlike his mother, his grandmother wasn't quiet. She was very playful, wild and stubborn like him. She also takes no shit from anyone. He owed his strong conviction and surviving spirit to her.

He watched as his mother said a few things in Yoruba dialect to her.

"I thought you would have forgotten how to speak Yoruba after eight months in Spain." Demilade teased his grandmother.

"God forbid." She said. "I will never forget my father's language. It's the best language in the world. Well, Spanish and Italian are not so bad....but Yoruba is amazing."

They chuckled at how she said the words and together they left the airport.

Mrs Jolaoluwa and her mother decided to stay over at her son's mansion for a few days before they return to their house. Demilade didn't object. He missed his grandmother and it has been so long since he had her around. He missed her teases and playful blows. At this point, no one in the world could make him laugh as she does.

§§§§§

Demilade laughed at his grandmother's remarks about a picture his mother showed them.

"I swear I really miss you, grandma." He told her sincerely.

She smiled and looked at her grandson who still have a grin on his face. He looked so young and handsome like ever. He might have taken a bit of his mother's cuteness but the fact still remain he looked so much like his father which was very unfortunate.

"You won't have missed me so much if you had listened to me and left a month to visit me in Spain." She said.

"You know I can't do that grandmom. I have a company to run." He shook his head in disagreement.

"That company will function with or without you." His mother said matter of fancy to him.

"Not really." He replied. "But thank God you finally decided to come back."

"We will be leaving soon." His mother said.

"Of course not. She will be staying a month with me." He disagreed almost immediately. Then he turned to his grandmother. "Won't you grams?" And he asked her curiously.

"Will you leave your work for a month to be at home with me?" His grandmother asked.

"I can't grandmom. The least I can do is return early from work."

"Well then, I'm not changing my mind."

"Common grams, you can't do this. You understand that I have work to do at the office and companies to run. Don't you love me? It's not fair." He said giving them a mock glare.

"Life is not fair grandson." She replied and his mother laughed.

And they sat together, talking for hours and he enjoyed every bit of his time with his only family. He had not talked and laugh so much in a very long time. And he was grateful that they came around.

####

Short right?

I don't want to get you guys bored with the introduction. But don't give up just yet.

So here is the second chapter of 30 days deal.

This one is for you Toluwanijolly. Thanks, dear.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Thanks for reading.