~~ 89. ~~

*"A heart that is broken is a heart that has been love.... "- From Supermarket Flower by Ed Sheeran*

She had always thought it was just a joke when she read about him and he is like - his principles. She thought she could break those rules like most men around her. She believed she was irresistible to men. But she was fucking wrong. The guy proves her damn wrong.

She had not gone to his office just to spite him and give him the contract willingly. It was because of her father. If it was left to her. Demilade will never have that deal. But because of her father, she had to.

He had already called and told her that he wanted Demilade to have the contract. He picked him among all the other contractors. He loves his work and proposal.

She only threatened him just to have what she wanted. But since it didn't go her way. She has to think again unless she will lose more than that.

And that was the real reason she signed the contract and went back to Demilade.

But the god-forsaken idiot had just disgraced her in front of his workers and more surprisingly, rejected the contract.

Who the hell threw away such a chance?

Who on earth threw away millions of millions?

It was so unbelievable.

She saw him as nothing but a fool.

After all the money spent and the money to be earned from it, the desperation, the sleepless night. The pretense. Her threat. He threw his chance away without having to give her what she want.

All because of one person

Just because of one woman.

One frack woman.

The thought of it irks her to the bone.

She gritted her teeth, breathing heavily. Then the silence in the room was replaced by the shriek of her phone at her back. She groaned and turned her chair around.

She picked up the phone and was about to cut the call but she suddenly paused when she saw the caller. Her accounting manager. She doesn't call at work. She comes straight to her office. Except there was something very important that she have to tell her. She was her eyes in the country.

"Hello, Praisejah. What is wrong?" She asked in haste.

"Your father's car just entered the compound."

"What?" Her mouth fell wide open. She quickly stood up and walked over to the only glass wall in the room and the lady was right. She could see the fat idiotic managers and CSO lined up outside the building. While black expensive cars drove in. Then the black limousine appeared. That was her father.

"Why didn't I hear about it?" She seethed.

"I don't know. It wasn't discussed at the meeting. I'm clueless too."

"Fuck!" She exclaimed and ended the call. "Tucker. Tucker." She yelled.

Her handsome PA came into the office, majestically.

"You called for me." He said boredly.

"Why wasn't I informed that my father is in the country and he is coming over?" She yelled at him.

He frowned a little before answering her calmly. "You're his daughter, aren't you supposed to know?"

"What?! Are you insane?" She glared dagger at him, fisting her hand.